(1/2 lb heavier and 1/4 in taller than Matisyn, but pretty much the same percentile, 75th in weight and 50th in height, she isn't having a problem growing, which is a great sign) We saw the doctor today for her 2 month well visit. He said she is looking good, and he's happy she's gaining weight even with the reflux. We're going to try another medicine to add to the Zantac though since she is still in pain so much. She really struggles after she eats, she cries out and squirms until she spits up and gets rid of the acid. The Zantac has helped reduce the acid if she doesn't throw it up before it has a chance to work! And the Reglan is supposed to help the food go through her quicker so it causes less of a problem. Hopefully the combination will help her to feel even better. It's worth a try!
It feels like these past two months have flown by in a foggy blur. I guess that is what sleep deprivation does to you! Emilyn is getting cuter and chunkier by the day! Somehow with all the spit up she has she is still gaining weight. I've decided I probably overfeed her now because I'm not sure when she really needs food because she threw it up or if she just wants to eat because it feels good going down. We're getting better with things, but I'm still hoping to figure out some sort of routine or schedule soon. I feel bad that since I'm up so much at night I'm kind of out of it for Matisyn in the day. I know she needs normal meals with Mom, storytime, playtime, etc. again, and hopefully that would help me to gain some control back over my three year old! By two months with Matisyn we had a pretty set routine. She was sleeping in her own room, not all night, but enough so that I could go in and feed her and come back to my bed, eating every 3 hours or so, having regular naps, etc. I had to go back to teaching for 5 weeks or so after she was six weeks old. I'm feeling grateful I don't have to do that with Emilyn. We'll get there. She's already sleeping more at night. Sometimes I even get a four hour stretch at night. That just started last week, and it has been glorious! I'm hoping it continues, and continues to get longer.
So proud of her new haircut. She is so good, except for when the scissors tickle her neck! She sometimes asks to go get her haircut she likes it so much! She is still trouble, but I can't get over how cute she is!
Here's Matisyn at 2 months
No comments:
Post a Comment