Matt turned 34 at the beginning of September. We celebrated late because he got to spend his actual birthday in Zion National Park, which is a perfect birthday celebration for him. His boss had a permit to hike the Subway, and invited Matt when his son dropped out. Matt invited his friend Chad, and they made a very quick trip down south, leaving Wednesday night, and returning late Thursday. I got to see him for about an hour before midnight hit and his actual birthday was over. Matisyn and I had made signs, decorated and wrapped his present. Friday morning before he went to work he blew out a candle in his favorite quick breakfast of Captain Crunch. I got him a Camp Chef Grill, which we ended up exchanging for an even better deal, but something I think he liked a lot.
Our little Emilyn lion
Emilyn looking up to her big sister, playing in the kitchen
We had our traditional pool party at Matt's parent's house on Labor Day. We changed the day because of the weather, so most of his family couldn't come. Our great friends the Barrett's and the Thygerson's were there though, as well as Matt's sister Megan and her family, and a few of the Mullens. I made his favorite german chocolate cake, which is getting less scary each year. I have a little more confidence than the first time I tried it. It is still a feet to make it to his parent' house without it crashing or getting smashed. We had some close calls this year, and there is still some coconut frosting in my car to prove it. We really had a great time just snacking, having cake, swimming, relaxing, and visiting with friends. Check out all the candles on the cake! I figured we should try and get all of them on there because we are running out of years to make that possible! Happy Birthday Matt!
The girls were so good all day. They both love being outside and getting to run around and eat whatever treats they find!
The kids loved the cupcakes I made. I figured I would make them too this year, since usually the kids aren't big fans of Matt's favorite cake.











No comments:
Post a Comment