Matisyn was so excited to celebrate 100 days of school. They had a party, and I think she was more excited about that then the other holiday parties! The night before we worked on counting out 100 chocolate chips to share with her class and we made a poster with 100 different colored crayons on it. I wasn't able to help with the party because I was taking one of my classes that day, but my friend Leah sent this picture along.
Emilyn got to go to her first birthday party for a little girl her age, Megan, turning 3. It was a princess party, and she was so excited to dress up and go.
Out to dinner for Alisa's birthday, it was before the bad news in January, and we had a great night. The husbands were there too, but didn't insist on a picture together! Kelly, Amy, Amber, Alisa, Kristin, Ashly, Heather
Often when I go in to get Emilyn out of bed I find her with her animals tucked in reading books to them. It is precious!
Matisyn has taken to writing notes like this to keep her little sister out of her room!
Finally a little warmer weather so the girls could go on a little bike ride.
Finally we can see our garage again! It was a necessity as we discovered we had mice, yes more than one, living in there. So disgusting, I feel so much better having it cleaned up. And I cannot take credit for the mess!
I don't know what it is, but my girls love laundry baskets. Laundry day always means baskets being used as houses, hats, and vehicles. This instance they were used as great seats to watch their show.
Matisyn loves to paint and draw and create. Here is one of her water color paintings. She wrote I love you to the moon and back for Mommy. I tell her that every night before she goes to bed.
The girls were way overdue for haircuts so we finally went in to see Suzanne. Emilyn got quite a bit cut to even it out and make it a little easier to handle and we just trimmed Matisyn's. I'm hoping someday soon it will finally all be the same length and catch up from all her personal haircuts! Some day I will learn to french braid!
Love Emilyn's outfit, she chose it herself for playgroup. She got all dressed up for her second birthday party ever and for the month of February for her friend Mya.
A cute little conference with Daddy and Emilyn. I can't remember what it was about, but it looks important!
Emilyn's first official dentist appointment with cleaning, x-rays, exam and everything. She was so good, the dentist could hardly believe it. She was so proud of her new toothbrush, toothpaste and toys from being a big girl at the dentist.
Both girls crashed on the way home from the dentist. We had spent the morning playing with Jens, Sylvie and Alison at our house, the afternoon with them at the Dinosaur Museum, and then straight to the dentist. I think they were a little tired by the end of the day! If you look closely at Emilyn's bag from the dentist you will see a hole cut out in the middle. She asked the receptionist to cut that out while I was in having my appointment so that she could carry it like a purse. I think the office was a big fan of her, she was on her best two year old behavior, and she really shines when she slows down the trouble making!
















No comments:
Post a Comment