Grandma helped the girls and me put together their Valentine's. Emilyn is getting very good at her letter E, and she wrote that on her My Little Pony cards. Matisyn filled out all of hers by herself.
Matisyn loves to have her "big-girl time" reading in our bed at night. We have been finding her asleep there surrounded by her doll McKenna and lots of books.
Matisyn had a Valentine's Day tea party at school. It happened to be on a swim lesson day where we had to go straight to school from the pool. We had to do fancy quickly, and in the car! We did an up-do instead of curls and managed to get her in her pretty dress, looking pretty fancy! She was so excited. They practiced manners for weeks before. They got to have treats with a chocolate fountain (a highlight for Matisyn), dress up, dance, and pass out Valentine's.
They had "dates," here is Matisyn with Tyson
I didn't get to go to the party, but a couple of the moms took pictures and uploaded them for the class. I was excited to get an inside peek, since I missed out.
Matisyn and her best friend at school, Aliah.
Matisyn and Ashley dancing, all dressed up!
That night we had a candlelight family dinner with a heart shaped pizza. Even Lucas was hanging out near by!
Matisyn's Valentine's envelope from school.
I just thought this was cute. Matisyn had to draw what she thought a groundhog's house would look like.
This really is what handsome looks like!!!
And down he goes...but still smiling.
We were getting ready for our Disneyland trip, and I realized I really needed to go through my girl baby clothes. We were going to meet our friends Mike and Alison who are having a girl in June, and visiting with my brother and sister in law who had a baby girl in September. It seemed silly to leave them sitting in the crawl space when others could use them. I can't believe how tough it was for me though. I'm pretty sure we are done, but I'm having a hard time believing that for sure. Going through the clothes and giving them away made it seem final. I took out all the bins, and then they just sat there all week because I couldn't bear to do it. Then finally the weekend before we left I dug in. We have A LOT of clothes! I divided into five piles depending on need, season, age, etc. between Alison, my sister in laws Ayme and Megan, my friend Kari's sister, and a few things that I wanted to keep. I felt anxious the whole weekend, and Matt said I did a lot of sighing, and there were even a little bit of tears. At the end of the day, they are just clothes, and I was happy to have it done, at least up until age 18 months. The rest can be for another day. I'm glad my friends can get some use out of them, and it will be fun to see their babies in Matisyn and Emilyn's cute outfits. I think it just made me realize how fast time goes by, because it seems like my girls were just wearing them. I'm afraid if I blink too many times, they'll all be away to college!!! Matt reminds me that I shouldn't worry about not having a baby in the future when I have one right now. Very valid point! If only I weren't so in love with him...



















No comments:
Post a Comment