Girls' Fall Soccer
Matisyn and Emilyn both had great seasons of soccer this year. They both seem to enjoy it, and it is a short, busy few weeks. They each had two games a week and a practice once a week, which meant six things to get them to, some of them overlapping. Matt and I did a good job splitting up when we needed to, and it was fun when we could be there together. Kaylee was a good baby, and handled being dragged all over very well, but Lucas was a stinker and loved running all over the place during games. He disappeared more than once and we would find him running away to the park or all the way across the field with his best buddy Owen. When I told him he couldn't go by himself he said, "It ok Mommy, Owen be with me!" I'm so glad the two year olds were watching each other!
We were lucky enough to have friends on both teams, and coaches that are friends. Haylie Worthen, Matisyn's friend Hannah's mom, coached Matisyn's team, and Ashly McDaniel, Emilyn's friend Lillie's mom, coached Emilyn's team. I had to challenge Emilyn to make contact with the ball at least ten times during a game or she would just run around after her team smiling. At least she is a happy girl! Matisyn has taken to defense and always volunteered to be a defender. She has really improved, and goes right after the ball.






No comments:
Post a Comment