Wednesday, September 23, 2009

While I was in the shower. . .

my little creator Matisyn decided to explore Daddy's desk. She was lucky enough to find a fat red sharpie marker. I wish I could say she stopped at decorating one wall, but I lost count at 10 different surfaces that she decided to redecorate. Three walls in our brand new finished basement, stuff under Matt's desk, the hallway upstairs, two walls in the kitchen, a kitchen cabinet, the floor, and her little wood chairs and her table. I'm afraid to explore any more for fear I will find more surfaces she has colored. It's like she just walked along and tried it out on whatever surface was near her. She was unaffected by me being mad (what's new?), but became very upset when I told her she needed to call her Daddy and tell him what she did and that she hurt our house. Her comments through tears were, "But Mommy, what if Daddy is mad at me?" and "Oh no, Mommy I didn't want to hurt our house" and "At least I didn't hurt our car Mommy." Well there is that bright side! Here is some of her artwork before I try some more internet suggestions to get it off:

The bathroom in our basement

The proof on her hands!

Matisyn attempting to clean her table and sadly realizing it is not coming off. I think she's used to Mommy immediately fixing her messes.

A wall in the kitchen, it is at least lighter after scrubbing it with a magic eraser.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Daddy isn't too mad... walls we can repaint but what stuff under my desk?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh argh. I am so sad for you. Jens's markers are in time out after he colored on the carpet, but at least they weren't permanent. Let me know if you find anything that works--I have been trying to clean off his coloring table for a while now and nothing has worked.

    ReplyDelete