Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rest of Cali

We had a very nice trip, and are home again after 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks to my mom and brother for putting up with our chaos and the amount of crazy we bring. We loved getting to visit, and I'm grateful for all the help and support we get when we're there. We haven't seen Matt for almost 3 weeks because he has been in San Antonio on business, studying beef and watching bull riding, since we got home. Tough job, I know! He's pretty much ecstatic about all things cow now! I'm at a class today about digital photography for my teaching license, and the girls are with Grandma Barb. I love learning this stuff, and I'm grateful it counts for updating my license as well.

Crash! While I was away having a relaxing time away and my mom was feeding Emilyn, Matisyn decided to carry around my mom's favorite, expensive pot. You can see the result above. My mom was great about it, considering, and Matisyn still feels bad.

Emilyn grew up a bunch on our trip. I found her sitting up in her crib when I went to get her from a nap. She can sit up by herself now, she has started to crawl, got her first tooth, said her first word, started eating a lot of new people food, and has become even more vocal and social.

My girls on the airplane on the way home. Luckily I had an empty seat next to me both times. Matisyn was not as angelic on the way home. She was very boisterous and loud. She was counting down from 10 and yelling blast off when the plane was taking off, singing, playing with the tray in front of her, jumping around, etc. It was hard to keep her calm. Emilyn was better than the way out, but still noisy and since she is crawling now, she was moving all over the place and grabbing at everything.

Since Matt was out of town, and my sister in law Megan had a sick little boy (she was supposed to pick us up), Grandma Barb saved the day and came to get us. There was an accident on the way home so we stopped at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Here Emilyn is enjoying some ribs. We had steak and ribs to keep Matt's company in business!


No comments:

Post a Comment