Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Matisyn April 21, 2010
Now that we have finally had some nice weather, getting dirty is one of Matisyn's favorite things to do. Actually who am I kidding, that was her favorite thing when she was inside too! She loves smearing the dirt all over her table and making flower, dirt stew, made more delicious by adding hose water and calling it hot chocolate!
Matisyn Quotes:
Awhile back Matisyn and her friend Porter were getting in trouble at preschool because they always talked about getting married and they would hug and give little kisses. Their teachers taught them that they needed to give high fives instead of kisses and that they didn't need to sit next to each other every minute. Since then their understanding and perception of time has cracked me up. Their teacher told me that they had a talk about when they would be getting married. Porter said he wants to marry Matisyn when he gets home from his mission, and Matisyn held up her fingers and said, "I'm four now, but when I'm five we can get married."
They played together the other day and Porter seemed surprised when I told him that when they got married someday they would have to live together in the same house. . . and share all their toys!!!
Then when we were on a walk the other day we talked about her future marriage plans.
Me: When do you think you will get married?
Matisyn: Is eleven or ten old enough?
Me: Even older.
Matisyn: Said with lots of inflection, "Like 16?"
Me: Even older.
Matisyn Oh my goodness.
I'm feeling pretty old now! I better watch out for Matisyn or she's going to run away with Porter when she's super old, like 16!
Matisyn: Mommy, do you need another baby like a brother?
Me: Oh Matisyn I didn't know you want a brother, we just had a baby and I already have a brother.
Matisyn: No Mommy, a brother for me. You know Mommy, Sammy is a really cute baby. (Sammy is her cousin) Maybe David could have my baby and I'll take Sammy, and then I'll have a brother.
Cora and Amanda and I had a scrapbooking girls' night a couple of weekends ago. We went to Olive Garden for dinner and then worked on projects until late. Cora spent the night and we kept working on stuff the next day. It was so nice to have some big girl time! A few days ago Matisyn said, "Hey Mommy, when are you and Cora going to have another playdate?"
"Puppy is really growing up. I told her if she eats enough she'll get 16."
Matisyn: When are we going to get a new house?
Me: Do you want to move?
Matisyn: Yea, to California.
Me: Should we get a house next to Grandma Karen's.
Matisyn: No silly, we'd just live inside Grandma's house.
Watch out Grandma, here we come! Who needs our own house if we could just move in with you!
"Mommies need soft hugs, Daddies need super tight squeezer hugs, and Emmers needs little, tiny, soft hugs. Right Mommy?"
"Look it's Chunk, we're buddies!"
"Does Heavenly Father have a beard?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment