This is our little 18 month old Emilyn. Other than Emilyn, she is also known as Ems, Emmers, Emmer (by little cousin Sam), Emsie, Emi, Stinker, and Cutie Pants. Don't worry Mom, I don't think any of these nicknames will stick through her school days other than maybe Emi! Here are a few things about our little girl.
- She loves to eat, and isn't too picky. She eats almost all the foods we give her, but is also a big fan of treats like the rest of our family.
- She loves to say prayers, but only when she feels like it. She begs "uh, uh, uh, uh" loudly with her arms folded until I will say a little prayer for her. When it's really time to say one she will occasionally fold her arms, but the rest of the time looks at you like you're crazy. Her favorite time to yell for me to pray is while I'm driving, and this can happen multiple times in one car trip.
- She has learned the word no, and isn't afraid to use it. No can also mean yes, I think she just likes to say the word no because she hears it so often. She also says "uh, uh", which can mean yes. It gets confusing, but is very cute.
- After I left her for a little trip to California last month, she turned into a needy baby. She used to go to everyone and go happily. She sometimes will still, but she is a MAMA'S GIRL. She follows me everywhere and watches everywhere I go. Today Matt got home (whom she also loves) and asked if Dada could hold her, and she said "no, mama." That's pretty much how it has been lately. A perk is that she will sit still on my lap for longer than she ever used to just to be with me, which can be very helpful at places like story time or the doctor. She is much more snugly than she used to be, which I love, but it can also be exhausting to be so popular!
- While I was away she started her first day in nursery at church. She didn't cry when Matt dropped her off, and they said she did well, but wanted to be held the whole time. That has continued since that weekend. At least she'll go and doesn't cry, so I can't complain. I had taken her for just a few minutes a few weeks before and she didn't need to be held at all. She even pushed a much bigger kid away from her because he was roaring in her face. She was already acting like she owned the place. She'll probably get back there soon.
- She LOVES animals so much. She loves them in pictures, and in real life. She isn't even scared of huge dogs when they run toward her. She can do some great animal sounds, and she loves to crawl around and pant like a doggy. Her favorite animal sounds are moo, meow, baa, and neigh.
- She also enjoys reading and will sit for quite some time on our laps to listen to books (as long as there isn't too much else going on around her!). Some of her favorite books are "Good Night Gorilla", "Ten Fat Turkeys Fooling on a Fence", "oh my oh my oh Dinosaurs", any board book of Dr. Seuss, and any books with animals in them.
- I have seen a little bit of a light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my girls playing together. It doesn't happen too often yet, or too peacefully, but they do play together now, I can see how nice it will be in the future. They really do love each other.
- She has finally changed to one nap a day. It took a long time for her to adjust and she still is ready pretty early, around 11:00, so we just have bedtime earlier, around 7:00 or so to minimize meltdowns when she gets tired.
- She LOVES to color, and spends much more time coloring than I remember Matisyn ever doing, especially this young.
- If you say she looks pretty she will sometimes twirl around with her arms in the air to show off how cute she is and say pretty, pretty while she twirls.
- She has chosen a favorite blanket, and wants to take it everywhere. It is a must have for sleeping, along with her same two fingers in her mouth.
- She is still full of personality and spunk just like her big sister. I didn't think it was possible to have two with the same amount of energy, stubbornness, and drama all rolled into one, but I think it is happening. Along with that comes a very fun, creative, adorable, smart, and loving little girl. She has no problem sticking up for herself, and then giving big hugs and kisses.
- One of the things that has amazed me is how quickly her language skills have appeared. All of a sudden she can talk! I'm sure having some more words in her vocabulary will help with her frustration and tantrums. Here are some of the words she can say at 18 months old:
- ball
- balloon
- dada
- mama
- shoe
- papa
- sis, also Ma (for Matisyn)
- baba
- uh-oh (this is a favorite right now, she says it a billion times a day!)
- bye-bye
- no
- mo (more)
- a-ma (grandma)
- hi
- nana
- peek a boo
- hont (honk)
- peas (please)
- tank tu (thank you)
- what
- wow
- boo
- baby
- fish
- eyes
- cheese
- uh (up)
- mo (more)
- She's a little sponge right now. In the last few days when I've been writing down the words I hear her say, she's said a bunch of new ones. She says one or more new words a day now. Some of the new words are:
- der do (there you go)
- mretzels (pretzels)
- pretty
- ni-night
- blanket
- poo poo
- owie
- Jo Jo
- puppy
- syrup
Matisyn has been saying funny things again, but I haven't been as good at writing them down. She cracks us up all the time. I wish I could remember what she has said. Today she was playing with her doll and pretending to be the Mommy. She was having a conversation with the pretend Daddy, and saying some very familiar things. I was kind of embarrassed to hear her saying some of the things I say to Matt. I only remember something from the middle. She was very upset with the pretend Daddy for painting the house brown and black. I asked her what color it was supposed to be painted and she said, "rainbow, of course."
Just now she said, a little too similar to me as well, "Daddy, turn off the freaking t.v." I really need to watch what I say in front of her!
Yesterday she told me she can't wait to be a Mommy. I finally asked her why she was so ready to be a mommy, and she said, "Because when I'm a mommy, I won't get in trouble and I'll always do things right like you." My heart melted. I talked to her about how she does a lot of stuff right already. Then she ran off saying "I'm 16, it's time to go get married."

No comments:
Post a Comment