As I mentioned in the last post, the beach was a highlight for all of us. Matisyn couldn't wait to get there and headed strait for the waves upon arrival, Emilyn was giggling, running, and digging the whole time, and Ayme said she thought it was Trinity's favorite day ever! All three girls were in great spirits all day, just happy to be covered with sand enjoying the sun and water. The adults were pretty happy too, being able to watch them explore and discover. It really was nice to just let them be free to run around. I had no responsibilities other than to humor them with all their requests to run down to the water, back up to build sand castles, and then back down again. Emilyn wasn't so sure about the water at first. Just like when we were in San Diego a year or so ago, she did not like when the cold wave hit her. But by the end this time she was loving it so much I couldn't convince her to leave. Every time I tried to go back up to play she would grab my hand and pull me toward the water saying, "Mommy, peas, wawa." (Please, water!) I told my mom it was a special gift for me to be able to have that positive time with them with nothing else I had to get done, with them in a setting that made them completely content. I could have watched them and played with them for hours more. I took about a billion pictures during the day, and I know you won't believe me, but I'm only posting a portion of them. These are the ones I want in my blog book at the end of the year, and I just couldn't narrow it down anymore. It was too good of a day!
Getting all three to look at the same place at the same time was pretty crazy. We finally got one of them looking up at the end thanks to John's help waving something above them.
Emilyn thought she was so funny. She was cracking herself up, which made me laugh too, even though I was the one getting sand dumped on me. I had it everywhere by the time she was done.
Here is Emilyn not so sure of the water, she changes her tune later on.
Matisyn was straight into the sand and into the cold water. She loved the whole thing.
Emilyn's cute little chunky legs running away from the waves.
Both of them had sand from head to toe by the end of the day.
Matisyn chasing the birds, it was one of her favorite activities at the beach. I had to get some pictures of Matisyn after Ayme realized I had taken pictures of her chasing the seagulls with our crackers. She's so concerned about them choking on the plastic bag, she was really running after them. I had to stay with the babies so I couldn't help, so I took pictures instead!
Emilyn can spot a "puppy" from across the street, in cars, on pages of books, and all the way down the beach. They are her very favorite. She fell in love with this puppy, squealing and giving her pets and loves, and cried when her owner first walked away. She ran down to the water and found her again, this was their reunion!
I love Emilyn's little leg kicked up here!
Loving the water now!

















No comments:
Post a Comment