Friday, December 23, 2011

Matisyn's Christmas Dance Recital


Matisyn's Christmas Dance Recital
December 12

Matisyn started dancing with a new group this year so that she could try singing AND dancing together.  It has been a rough transition because this group is much more structured and she is in a group with all older kids.  I think when she tried out she performed so well, because that is what she does best, and they didn't know about her short attention span!  I didn't know if we would make it at the beginning.  She did not like staying on her X, and she added extra spins and turns and jumps to the dance as she saw fit!  It turns out I didn't need to worry.  She settled down fine to learn the dance, she just did it in her own way!  She couldn't wait to perform, and she was fantastic in her recital last week.  There were so many people watching, and she just came out and sang and danced her little heart out.  She was on cue, had fun, and had her own little sassy flair.  They danced and sang to Rock and Roll Reindeer.  She is a great dancer, and we're so proud of her.

















 








I love that she runs off stage waving to us!

 
 The finale number was to "It's not that far to Bethlehem."  Matisyn seemed so old to me all of a sudden, being able to sing and do sign language throughout the song.









I know we do not have a shortage of pictures from this event, but she was just so cute!  My friend Amy sent me a few she took of Matisyn from her angle.






That's her in the front on the far right.


No comments:

Post a Comment