First Part of August
August 1-11
Continuing with our busy summer, as soon as we got back from Fish Lake, we dove into more planning, preparations, and shopping for the neighborhood/ward summer party. We were in charge of it this year, on our own. We followed in my friend Lisa's footsteps from last year and served hotdogs. The budget was minimal for about 300 people so we figured that would help us spread it the furthest. We had people bring chips, watermelon, and dessert. I just had to buy a few props for some relays we did with the kids. We also let the kids race in age groups, and the adults had to have their turn too! I think it turned out pretty well. I was running around crazy the whole time, so I'm not really sure! I'm so grateful to our wonderful friends for helping us pull it off. My friend Lisa took care of Lucas and my girls so I didn't have to worry about them. Her husband Davy and my friend Ashly helped us set up. Then we had more friends help BBQ, Lane, Steve, and Drew, and serve, Ashly, Amber, and Heather. Lots of people helped clean up. We couldn't have done it without lots of help! The above picture cracks me up. One of our preparations for the party was to cut up a billion onions. I, of course, put Matt in charge of this task. He borrowed Matisyn's goggles to reduce the crying a little bit!
While we were crazy busy preparing for the party the next day, we forgot to tell Matisyn it was time to go to bed. If we don't remind her she will just read her books and fall asleep wherever she is reading. I love this picture because it shows off her blue eye shadow that she put on from earlier!
Watch out, this boy is climbing stairs! He decided to learn on the day of the neighborhood party. He was being good and entertaining himself while I was running around. The next thing I knew he was three stairs up! Out comes the gate!
We had another date night with the Barrett's and Thygerson's up at Sundance. We met for dinner at the Grill Room and then went to the outdoor theater to see "Annie Get Your Gun." It was such a fun night, and we loved the play. I think it will be a new annual tradition for us. Matt's sister Becky and her family watched the girls. She invited them to spend the night since it was going to be so late when we got home. They were beyond excited to have a slumber party with the triplets! They went swimming and played at the park. I guess Emilyn slept with Madi in her bed and they fell asleep quickly, Kiersten wanted to sleep on her own, and Matisyn slept with Lexi and they stayed up LATE talking! They were very happy girls! They did not want to leave when I came to get them the next morning. Lucas got to play at Mike and Wendy's. He was the main attraction and from what I hear made some music with measuring cups, ate waffles, and was his generally cute self. He loves to have four people to perform his tricks for and give him attention. It was a fun night for all of us!
Matt had a waffle party with some of the kids in his primary class. They decided to create a waffle smoothie and dared everyone to try it. I did not get a taste, but I heard it was not as bad as expected, but that they don't need to have it again! The actual waffles were a big hit, and it was fun to visit with the kids. Emilyn left early to go to a swim birthday party for her friend Lillie.
Lucas stands up on everything now. He pulls up on the stairs, toys, sliding door, bathtub, chairs, everything!
The magformers have been very popular around here lately. They are a good toy for the whole family to play with since they aren't too small for Lucas and mom and dad like them too. Lucas loves to smooch them and bang them together, and the girls love to build lots of creations. Matisyn made a turtle family to match ours in this picture.










No comments:
Post a Comment