Can You Dig It? Lucas is 1!
October 5
I've been thinking about a fun theme for Lucas's first birthday for awhile now...my first boy party! I decided on a construction theme. I love the way it turned out. Matt made me a big poster and cut vinyl out to make signs for the different areas. The drinks were the "filling station," food the "loading zone," cakes the "work zone," and the bathroom had a sign that said "no illegal dumping, $7 fine." Matt was pretty proud of himself for that one! We had shredded bbq beef on rolls, fruit, and salads. Since we knew he wouldn't mind not opening his presents, we used them as decorations for the party. There were two dump trucks with chips in them, trucks and a book decorating the cake table, and trucks on top of his two cakes. I had so much fun making the construction cakes because I got to dig parts out and turn them over on top, crush Oreos on top to make dirt, and let the trucks dig in. I'm used to cakes needing to look perfect instead of getting to mess them up on purpose! Matt even wanted to help out with this part. We invited mostly family, and then two family friends because they have babies Lucas's age, and he wanted to have a couple of his own friends there! I think I am learning to stress less with events like this, because I had fun putting it together, and really enjoyed the party, getting to visit with everyone and celebrate my little baby boy turning one. Warning: Picture Overload!!!
I made a banner with pictures throughout his first year. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by, and how much he has grown.
Lucas with his two buds, Owen and Chloe
I love this little guy!
Too much fun...for just a minute, then he was back into party mode!
He enjoyed opening his presents more than I thought he would. It took him a few minutes to understand what to do, and then he got into it...until he got distracted again!
Love this one on the left!
This bike from Grandma Barb was a real hit. He climbed right on, and hasn't stopped playing on it since! It has a tool box and makes real work sounds too.
He got some monster trucks from Chloe, a popping ball truck from the Mullen's, balls from Owen, and a handsome Harley outfit from Uncle Mike and Aunt Wendy. He also got some more trucks and cars from us and Grandma Barb. He has loved all of his new things. What a lucky boy!
Matisyn wrote him a special note for his birthday. "You're so cute, you are special, I love you brother."
I loved watching him tear little piece by little piece to open each present!
We were trying to get Grandma Karen and Uncle Chunk on facetime, but we didn't catch them in time.
Aubrey and Emilyn
Jana was taking pictures for me as Lucas ate his cake. She took so many cute ones. I really did delete about 100, but there are still so many! He started off slow, putting little bits of frosting on his finger and licking it off. It took a little bit, but once he got the hang of it, he was loving it! At the end he started using the truck on top to dig pieces of cake out, and he would eat them off of the truck! It was so cute! I can't believe he wasn't sick by the end, I think he ate quite a bit.
Are you sure this is ok mom?!!! I hadn't given him any straight sugar yet. I try to keep it away for the first year, so the only sugar he had was what others might have given him. I think he is a fan!

















No comments:
Post a Comment