Baby #4
February 15
It's a...
Since this is our last baby, and a little of a bonus surprise, we wanted to have some fun when we shared the gender! We actually found out a few weeks earlier from a chromosome test I had done because I'm 35. I've been more nervous with this pregnancy since I'm older, and I was so relieved to find out I was low risk for this particular test. Along with the great test results the nurse shared what we were having. Matt was on the line too, muted on a line at work, so he got to hear too. I was shocked because I was expecting the opposite, and Matt seemed to have confirmed what he was thinking the whole time!We kept our news to ourselves for a long time until we were able to organize a little gender reveal party at our house. I had a neighbor friend, Stephanie, make a cake for the occasion. It turned out beautiful, just how I wanted it. She colored the inside to match the gender, and then frosted the outside with half pink and half blue. When everyone arrived they got to choose a mustache or lips to cast a vote for what they thought we were having. I guessed boy, Matt guessed girl, Matisyn guessed boy, and Emilyn guessed girl. We were split! When asked if he thought he was going to have a new baby brother or sister Lucas responded, "sisser." But I'm pretty sure that's all he knows about around here! The rest of our family and friends had mixed guesses as well. We took some fun pictures with our lips and mustaches, and then it was time to cut the cake and make our reveal!
Boy or Girl?
It's a . . .
Girl!!!
We're excited to meet you baby girl!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment