July 28-Aug 3
1st
Week Home
- · Baby Kaylee seems to be a happy, content little baby so far. It’s the first week, so she is doing a lot of sleeping. We were worried about her jaundice, so we’ve had to try to wake her up to feed her.
- · She had a rough night our first night home, up and awake off and on most of the night, but then the rest of the week she was sleeping four or five hour stretches. Since I was worried about her jaundice I was having to undress her and change her diaper to get her to wake up to eat. Too bad I couldn’t just enjoy those long stretches of sleep!
- · She had a bottle earlier than any of our other babies. She was super hungry in the hospital, and got bottles of formula to supplement nursing until my milk came in around day 3.
- · Nursing is painful as usual in the beginning. She has a strong latch, and a definite desire to eat though. She comes on and off lots of times waiting for the milk to come in.
- · She screams when her diaper or clothes are changed. She does NOT like to be naked or disturbed in that way at all. She is fine with her wet diapers as long as they don’t have to be changed!
- · She doesn’t cry much so far, except for the changing times, and when she is crying, even hysterically, she stops as soon as we pick her up. She loves to be held.
- · She is already very alert and making eye contact. She looks so intently at everything, and is taking in her new world!
- · Her sisters and brothers love her very much. Even Lucas loves her. He says things like, “I pet sister,” and “sister so nice,” and “where baby go?” when he can’t find her. He is feeling displaced and a little out of sorts as evidenced by his increase in tantrums, but there is no love lost for his new baby sister so far.
- · Her sisters fight each morning over who gets to hold her first. They both protect her and love her, and do not like to hear her cry. They run to comfort her in any way they can. They have been great helpers.
- · We are all enjoying each day with her. She is precious, and sweet, and perfect!
My favorite Emilyn phrases
lately!
Can I take a picture of you milking baby?
Do you need to milk baby?
Lucas Quotes:
I will “astroy” the bad guys and put them in the crusher!
Close the door, dinosaurs are coming!
The girls love Costco dinner with Daddy!
Precious moment with all four kids, I was so happy to catch it on camera! They love to come in each morning and climb into bed to visit Kaylee and me.
Kaylee always twists her neck into crazy positions to sleep. If you try to straighten it out, she just twists it back up!
We fill our car up now!
Happy Birthday Grandma Karen! We were so happy that she was still visiting over her birthday so we could celebrate with her.
The girls made some pretty pictures for Grandma.
I made mom a special book of pictures and postcards that we found when we were cleaning out my Grandma Anne's house from when my grandpa was in military service when they were first married. They were such a treasure to find, and it was fun to put them all together.
I don't think I'm allowed to say how many candles should be on the cake!
I think we were saying 48 :) We sure love her!
My mom headed home when Kaylee was a little over a week old. I think she had a hard time saying goodbye to all of us, and it was definitely sad for me to see her go!
Kaylee's first real bath. She seemed to really like the warm water, and looked around contentedly the whole time. The girls were my picture taking helpers! And I guess you can't have too many pictures of a first bath!
We loved having a visit from the Mullen's!
Yeast struck again with nursing, which means all four babies have had the privilege of the purple gentian violet lips! Kaylee looks pretty in purple!
When I was less than satisfied with my Camera Shy newborn pictures, my friend Jana saved the day and took some beautiful shots of baby Kaylee the day she turned one week old. I had to capture her half way out the door working hard to get great pictures for me!
Before my mom left I took the three older kids to the park for Emilyn's summer reading class party. The kids loved it, and I was exhausted after one hour out! I was happy to not have to manage baby too, and Grandma Karen enjoyed the last little bit of time she had to hold her.
The day after my mom left Lucas started throwing up. He was a trouper, and luckily it only lasted a day or so. It was quite a challenge balancing new baby and catching throw up!
What the girls were doing when I was distracted! Bandaids and q-tips!


























No comments:
Post a Comment