One morning I came down and found her with a whole loaf of sweet cake I had made the day before in the living room with her wooden toy circle blocks, "donuts", on top and a little plastic fork stabbing into it all over. She had spread it all over the floor and eaten half of it, while shoving the fork in wherever she could. All she said when I saw her was, "Sorry mom, I was hungry."
The next morning I came down to a choco tea party. She had climbed up and gotten into her Easter candy. She had spread out the colorful chocolate treats and organized them like a tea party. The remaining treats were in her tummy and the wrappers spread out all over the floor. What a great breakfast!
Yesterday I cleaned up multiple potty accidents, one of which was spread across the floor when she was wearing panties, didn't listen to me when I asked her to go up and go five minutes before, and kept walking when I asked her to stop so I could at least contain the mess. That was fun! Earlier that morning we found her bucket of hair things dumped out all over her bathroom, including down the sink. That's got to be good for our plumbing! We finished the night with Matisyn redecorating the downstairs living room. She had filled my candles with plant dirt, moved everything around, and spread dirt all over the tables and carpet. She is very imaginative so I'm sure she had a plan for this, but her Dad and I weren't happy whatever the end result was supposed to be.
Today I came down and found her covered in bright red. When I looked down, there were 13 empty cheese wrappers spread all over the family room, as well as 2 popsicle wrappers, and the best part, a melting popsicle on the carpet. I found the missing cheese broken apart and smooshed onto the coffee table and floor in the downstairs living room, along with more plant dirt. Apparently she was hungry again! While I scrubbed the carpet and cleaned up yet another of her messes, I had to remind myself that this is just another day in the life of three year old Matisyn, and not too long from now I will miss this stage. . . I will won't I? I figure I better document it so I can laugh later, and remind her when her kids are sending her through her own adventures. I really do pay attention to her, she just manages to get into trouble quickly and usually when I am feeding or changing baby sister so I'm stuck in one place. She senses the weakness!
I need to add that although she is sometimes a challenge (I'm sure because of her wise intellect beyond her years!), I couldn't possibly love her any more than I do. Life would be pretty boring without her!
On the subject of my smart little girl, this morning she found fishy number two bottom up. So much for protecting her from their deaths. She climbed up to look at Dorthy, and said "Mommy that little fish died." She then explained to me that she didn't think that the other fish was Dorthy (I guess she's too smart for us!) and that we should name him Moozy Choozy. So survival of the fittest fish is complete. We have one left and that fish has been exposed as a Dorthy imposter. When she heard the toilet flush, she put two and two together and figured out that is where the dead fish went. She said, "Mommy, you send that fish back to his family, right?" I said that is right, that fish went swimming right back to his family. So now she thinks we should send Moozy Choozy down the toilet so he can be with his family too!
Here are some more pictures from the week
Playing doctor with Grandpa, we've been very grateful for the help with the our girls from the Johnson family, Grandma Barb has given us some great help and even a little kid free time!
No comments:
Post a Comment