Saturday, November 21, 2009

Gingerbread House

Back in our married with no kids days we learned to make this gingerbread house from scratch. It takes some time, but it's usually pretty impressive when it's done. We got the recipe and directions from Mike and Alison (Mike's mom is a super mom!). This was our first experience with a three year old "helper". Matisyn loved the whole experience though, and the finished product isn't too bad considering all the helping hands!

Helping make the gingerbread cutout pieces


Matisyn baking a cake with sprinkles!

Emilyn's first experience with a sippy cup. I'm trying to introduce it, but she's not so sure what to do with it yet.

What is this thing?!!!


Matisyn is starting to draw more. Here is a picture of our family.

Here is a picture of me. I am such a cute little jellybean! The red is her writing my name.



Here is our project during construction. Matisyn was such a good helper. She really enjoyed dumping candy on the roof, and eating more than she decorated! I'll have to add a picture of our finished product later. She was bouncing off the walls last night. Needless to say bedtime was a process!

Here's the finished product!



Matisyn Quotes:

While looking at pictures on my computer, "I love myself. I look so cute in this picture with Uncle Chunk. That's Grandma's big brother you know." I'm not sure how old that makes my little brother. . . !

"My burps and tooties and a-choos went away."

"I should eat good cause I need to be healthy. My Heavenly Father taught me that when I was a baby." (She learned about eating healthy food at church!)

No comments:

Post a Comment