Lately Emilyn keeps trying out new things, and showing off how old she is getting. Here are some of her latest tricks:
A few days ago I went upstairs to answer the door for the parents coming to pick up their kids from playgroup. While I was upstairs I heard Emilyn crying. When I went to go get her she was three stairs up. Later when I ran to get the camera, she was four stairs up before I got back. That night I was upstairs and she wanted to get to me. Matt went to get something, I had forgotten to tell him about the stair climbing thing, and by the time he got to her she was rolling back down the couple of stairs she had climbed. I think she's proud of her new trick and wants to show off her skills as much as possible. We never practiced with her or showed her what to do. We were hoping to avoid it for as long as possible. I guess it's time to show her how to come back down.
This is trick number two, going limp, and letting big sister drag her around. She really is a good sport about it.
Trick number three began a little bit ago, but I just got a picture of it. Here she is standing all by herself, she does it all the time now.
Trick number four is finding small, choking hazard type objects hidden on the floor. Here's a movie of Emilyn climbing the stairs and Matisyn being very "helpful". I can't say it is extremely exciting, but I know Grandma will appreciate it since she hasn't seen the girls for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment