Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Backyard Fun with Neighbors

So this was supposed to be a get together so some of the neighbors would be able to see Jana and her kids who were in town visiting for the week.  Almost everyone could come, except for Jana, who ended up having sick kids and being sick herself.  Very sad, we missed her, but everyone had fun, and I think the kids were pretty tired out by the end.  They all played hard between our mini pool (the spa), the trampoline, and the slides.  At one point I looked around and tried to count how many kids were running around my backyard and I lost track somewhere around 24!  They were running around though, so it's possible I counted a few twice!






You can imagine how hard this picture was to get.  Some highlights for me are Dacia going down the slide on the left and Baby Mya crawling around the front crying for her mom.  A few kids are missing still, somewhere around the backyard, or hiding at the top of the slides.

It has been a busy July for us so far.  Fourth of July weekend was, of course, busy, then the next week Matisyn still had her summer preschool two afternoons.  Plus I signed her up for a little summer camp at her regular preschool, Outdoor Adventure Camp, which she loved.  Her favorite part was making a bird feeder to hang in our tree out of a pine cone, peanut butter, and bird seed.  She is also pretty fond of the bug catcher jar she decorated with the plastic bugs she painted inside!  Jana was in town so we wanted to do this little get together, and Mike and Alison ended up coming this past week as well so we had another big get together with that group of friends.  I also enjoyed a breakfast with Alison (without kids, thank you Amber and summer camp!) and some time with her so that Jens and Matisyn could play.  It has felt like every day we are running from one thing to the next, which I guess is the way I like it for the most part.  It's nice to have so many things going on, especially to keep Miss Matisyn busy.  It's good to have a breather though too.

No comments:

Post a Comment