Monday, July 26, 2010

July 15th

We went to the dentist, and once again Matisyn was a great patient.  They are always shocked at how still she will sit, how wide she'll open her mouth, and her utter lack of fear with whatever they do to her mouth.  She is wonderful when she gets her teeth cleaned, and still no cavities, which is a definite bonus considering how well her teeth get brushed.  She even sat next to me while I got mine cleaned and encouraged me to be good and open my mouth wide like an alligator so that I could earn the new tooth brush she was holding for me.  My teeth were cleaned by an intern, that happened to be one of my fourth graders my first year teaching.  I am still in shock that I could possibly be that old!  She is 18, just graduated, and she was nine in my class.  I can't believe it was that long ago.  Where did the time go?

Along with the dentist for Matisyn, we had a doctor's appointment for Emilyn.  She is growing and developing well, although she is small according to the average percentiles.  Here are her stats:

15 Months
Weight:  20.5 lbs  (10th %)
Length:  29 inches  (10th%)
Head:  45.5 (30th %)

I've been shocked lately with how her language is taking off.  Just this month she has learned a bunch of new words.  I swear this morning she said "bless you" when I sneezed, but I can't be sure.
Here are some of her other words:
mama, dada, nana, uh oh, shoe, cheese, a-ma (grandma), ma (matisyn), moo, roar, baba
I think she says quite a few other things, but they aren't as clear.  She is so smart, and is always surprising us with her spacial skills and her ability to follow instructions. She also has a two year old attitude, way too early!  She does not like having things taken away, or being told no, and she will let you know it.  She is still taking two naps, loves reading books, hates having to stop playing to have her diaper changed or hands cleaned, can entertain herself in her crib reading books, plays lots of peek a boo, snuggling her blanket and animals, and talking for quite awhile, loves her sister, and can also dish it out a little now too in order to defend herself, thinks she runs the place (we have two of those now!), smiles all the time, points to everything, babbles and chatters constantly, loves finding choking hazards or other dangerous objects to play with and cries and throws a tantrum when you take them away, can out eat Matisyn, can climb the stairs quickly, but still isn't sure how to come down very well, and is an all around joy to our family!

Emilyn was cracking me up walking around with my stuff in the doctor's office.  She really does think she is the boss!  Her favorites were my phone and my wallet.


What mom?  A girl's got calls to make!!!

Megan also spent a day over playing outside with her boys and Kenz and Cass.  It was nice to go to the doctor without my little Matisyn helper, and it was great to be able to spend time with everyone.  They had a great time together.  I think this slide has been well worth it!



Here's a snapshot of what Emilyn looks like during mealtimes.  She is very hands-on and independent already, and thinks that one year olds should be able to use a fork at every meal.  She's actually pretty good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment