Thursday, July 1, 2010
It's Summer!
I love this, this is what Emilyn does when she wants you to pick her up or hold her.
Matisyn happy as can be, first big swim in Grandma and Papa's pool this summer.
Emilyn kept throwing the chairs in the water, she didn't actually love sitting in one though.
First piggy tails of her little life! They're tiny, but at least I could put some in, it's about time at 14 months old!
We did a little photo session before we left for church on Sunday. It had been awhile since we'd been because of our trip and it reminded me of how fun a walking baby is to try to keep still and quiet! Ems was out of control, Matt ended up just walking home with her and putting her to bed.
Mads dressed herself, complete with shiny green leotard underneath her dress! She knew how GOOD she looked.
We planted a garden for the first time this year. Matt wanted to try this square method of planting. I couldn't believe how much everything had grown in the last few weeks. We're growing carrots, peas, onions, scallions, basil, and cilantro. We're definitely just learning, but we're proud for our first time. We've already eaten some of our peas and they're delicious. The girls can't get enough of them. We didn't have too many, but luckily our neighbor Lacey had more and supplemented our short supply!
Here's crazy Matisyn on an exercise kick. She said she has a new friend named "Sally Swims A Lot"! Sally came over to do some exercise with Matisyn the other day, and she requested that I put on one of my exercise tapes. I caught a little bit on tape, but the funniest conversation and dance moves were with the camera off. I tried to upload some video a couple of times, but I couldn't get it to work.
Between very hot days, swimming in the little pool as Matisyn calls it (our spa), the first debut of the big slides (we drew quite the crowd of neighbor kids that joined Matisyn, which made her day, especially the "big girls" that came to play), our little city parade that we went to with friends in a big caravan of bikes (which Matisyn and Emilyn LOVED, Ems just sat on Matt's lap and watched wide-eyed, and Matisyn cheered and caught enough candy to last us until next summer!), dripping popsicles, and three bbq's over the weekend it really does feel like summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment