Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Girls

Matisyn Quotes:

Mommy, did you know Tarzan only wears a pull-up and nothing else.  It's true he has panties on without any other clothes.  Isn't that silly?  Everyone can see his underwears.

Not sure how to describe a cemetery to a four year old.  We passed one on our walk this morning, and I did my best.  She was pretty cute.  I was talking about how those people had gone to heaven and she said, "I wish I could see Heavenly Father."  I tried to explain that although that would be nice to meet Him, we aren't ready to go yet, we want to be here together.  She said, "Ok, mommy, we'll go together when we're both ready."  Tearing heartstrings!

I'm a watermelon monster.  One day I'll fall in love with watermelon and we'll get married.

In other Matisyn news, she went to her first day of summer preschool when we got back from our trip.  It is a new one where she doesn't know anyone, I just thought it would be good to give her some more social time and me a little break.  I couldn't believe how well she did, not knowing anyone.  We missed the first few weeks too, so she didn't even have the introduction period like the other kids.  She just ran right in and told me goodbye.  Now when I say it's time for preschool she says, "My old one, or the one where I get to make new friends?  She loves her other school, so I'm glad she has adapted so well to this one too.





 Emilyn:

1.  The biggest milestone is that Emilyn went from taking a step or two when we left to WALKING all over the place by the time we got home.  My baby is walking!
2.  She dances and shakes her shoulders when she hears music or really to any beat I create.
3.  She's big on waving and pointing now.
4.  My favorite new word on our trip was, "sheez", she says cheese now, but not for the food.  Anytime she sees a camera she says, "sheez".  It's so cute, and yes, I take a lot of pictures!
5.  She nods her head vigorously for yes and no.
6.  She calls Matisyn, "MA", she usually yells it when she's trying to find her.
7.  She already throws tantrums, which is not my favorite.  She does not like to be told "no"!
8.  She waves her hand in front of her face when you say stinky!
9.  She loves her blanket now, she's not set on a particular one, as long as the middle is soft and cuddly and the edges are the silky rubs.  When she sees it, she grabs it and rubs her face in it, and says, "aaaah, ooooh, wow".
10.  She still growls whenever she sees an animal, in person and in a picture.  It might be a big, scary bear or a little, furry duck, and according to Emilyn the sound they make is the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment