Thursday, June 10, 2010

Santa Cruz

The disaster that I call "eating out" these days with two little girls! This was our first night at a Santa Cruz diner. Luckily it was "kid friendly" because my girls like to make an entrance and an exit! At one point Emilyn managed to flip Grandma's baked potato over onto her lap, but only after she stuck a spoon in my milkshake and shook it around splattering it all over.

Roaring Camp Railroad, This was such a fun trip. Considering how many times we've visited this area I can't believe we never rode this train. It was an old steam engine that took us up into the Redwood Forest. Matisyn was so excited and loved every minute and Emilyn just sat and snuggled with me while taking in the scenery. I've never gotten to enjoy so much time with her like that. I've decided to just ride trains around as much as possible if it makes my girls that happy! It was beautiful.












Time at the beach, sun, sand and water! Emilyn wasn't a big fan of the cold ocean water again, but she loved filling her bucket up with sand. Matisyn loved everything about the beach. She went in the cold water, built a sand castle, ran around in circles, and had us bury her legs in the sand.


















Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk



Right after we rode the log ride together. She was such a big girl, and said she got a "little scared", but was glowing at the end. I can't believe she is big enough to go on a ride like that. She loved the view from the top, that we could see the beach and all of the rides.

She was in her own little world on these rides. She loved getting to move her airplane and sea serpent up and down by herself.


I love Santa Cruz, and I think Matisyn is becoming a fan too! I grew up spending time there every summer usually as a girl's trip with my mom and her best friend and her daughter Amanda. John and Ayme were camping not far from there so we decided to take a little trip so we could spend a little time more time with them, and take Matisyn to the beach. She couldn't wait to go, and loved doing so many fun things. We got to swim in the pool, take a steam engine train ride through the redwoods, check out the local farmer's market, play at the beach, have dinner on the wharf, and go to the boardwalk. We filled every minute with "such cool things" as Matisyn would put it!

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are so cute! I love the collage feature. I can't believe Emilyn keeps a hat on - Jane always took them off.

    ReplyDelete