



Airplane fun! Matisyn was pretty good, other than some reminding to not climb on the seat in front of her or sing at the top of her lungs or yell 54321 Blast Off, she pretty much entertained herself. Emilyn was a different story. She was all over the place, as always, and let's face it, my children are LOUD, whether they are happy, mad, sad, or glad. Ems gets pretty mad when you take anything away from her or tell her "no", so she cried a bit when those things happened, but mostly she was just loudly excited. The whole plane heard her say "WOW" over and over again as she discovered the mountains out the window, the seat belt, the latch on the table tray, the nice lady behind me, the juice she spilled in both our laps by shaking it out of the hole in the lid where the straw goes (she had already discovered the straw and thrown it on the floor), the pretzels and the wrapper, and finally when given a dum dum sucker by me out of pure desperation to keep her quiet! Thank goodness for understanding travelers. We made it!

Here's Emilyn in my mom's car in her first ever front facing car seat. What happened to baby? I haven't decided if it's better yet though, because it seems like she just yells more because she can see me and knows I'm available to give into her every whim!

Matisyn in her first ever booster seat with the actual seat belt. She has been very good with it, and has kept it on and put on the right way. Maybe she is big enough for this style.

Ems new "Emilyn" doll from Grandma. It has dark hair because Grandma swears Emilyn used to have dark hair. I guess it is getting lighter.

Anyone who knows Matisyn probably wouldn't question this picture too much. She is happiest running around inside or out in as little clothing as possible. This started out with some feet dipping, then her dress got wet, then she decided it was much easier to be a mermaid without the hinderance of clothes! She has continued to use the pond in my mom's backyard as a swimming pool ever since, and I've had to get over what ever is growing in it because she loves it so much!

My girls with Grandma Anne, it's the happiest I've seen her for a while. She loves getting to see them, even if she is forgetting quite a bit. I have to remind her of their names, but she can't get enough of them once they're there. It's hard to see how much she is forgetting these days and how different she is each time I see her. We spent a couple of hours with her the first full day we were here.



Here is Emilyn's cut open tongue from the falling drawer after it had a day or so to heal. Poor thing, it looked pretty painful. She really did well considering.

We met my friend Jill and her girl's, Kate and Leah, at Funworks to let them play on an indoor playland. They had a blast. Emilyn stayed home with my mom, so we also enjoyed a delicious Mexican dinner out with much less disturbance than normal. Emilyn is not a good dinner date!


These two girls love each other and can't wait to play each time we come into town. We're always surprised at how much they love each other considering how little time they really get to spend together.

Matisyn's favorite game is to play school with Grandma. I used to set my dolls up all in a row like this when I was little. I put my baby brother James in the line up as well. We tried Emilyn out as a student, but she was a little off task and distracting for the other students!


The girls with Aunt Linda

We went to Grandma Anne's to have one of her delicious dinners. Aunt Linda helped a lot since Grandma can't get around like she used to. It was nice to see Grandma up trying to work on things, she seemed more like herself while she was cooking. I'm sure it's one of the last dinners we'll be able to have with her as our cook. It's sad for me to think about.


Emilyn, always pulling on my pants, always at my feet!


My brother John and his wife Ayme came to stay for a few days on their way to a camping trip. Here's their baby Trinity (that we haven't seen since right after she was born) with Emilyn and Grandma Karen. Both of my girls were in love with baby! I pretty much was too!



On Sunday we went to Jill's mom's house and swam. The grandma's talked, the girls swam, the babies slept and played, and for once the mom's (that's Jill and I) relaxed a bit in the sun and lounged in the pool. It was a very nice day.


Leah helping to feed Emilyn yogurt.


Jill's mom, Therese, made a very good dinner for us, and the kids enjoyed some mini cupcakes for dessert. Emilyn was loving having free reign to just dig in and eat up. So much for the clean pajamas.

Having a casual pizza dinner with my sister Diane, brother John, brother James, my mom and our families. It was nice to get to visit with all of us together.
Matisyn Quotes:
"Sometimes I cry in cool places because I am just so happy." Said after a tantrum and some excitement at the Beach Boardwalk.
"Ems, one of these days you need to be quiet." Said after one of Ems many sessions of crying and making noise for seemingly no reason at all. I agree completely with you Matisyn!
No comments:
Post a Comment