We decided it was finally time to hike the Y, one of the letters, as we like to call it. Matisyn always looks for the Y on the mountain when we're driving, and always asks when we can go visit it. We hiked on Memorial Day, and Matiysn was still recovering from her sickness and fever so she got a free ride in the backpack the whole time. I had Emilyn in the front pack. It was only a mile up and a mile down, but with slippery gravel, and it was really steep. Cousins BKenzie and Cassie Jo Jo went with us, and it was so fun to have some time with them. My girls adore them both. We encouraged each other up the longer than I remember climb to the top, enjoyed a picnic and the beautiful view at the top, and then they all walked a little slowly for me on the way down. I was so nervous I was going to fall and land on Emilyn. I did have one good slide onto my knee that didn't feel too good, but we made it safely down. We were tired, and happy that we finally got to hike the Y.
After the big hike we went over to Papa and Grandma's house to try out the newly opened pool. It's always exciting when it is warm enough to start the swim season. Matisyn has been asking to go swim since the middle of winter! It was a little too cold for her taste though, and she only lasted a few minutes.




No comments:
Post a Comment