The first day we were home unpacking, Emilyn somehow (I didn't see it) rolled down a stair into the banister and got a big, black and blue goose egg with a cut in the middle. The story was care of Matisyn, so who knows! This picture doesn't do it justice, but Matt calls her Harry Potter now.
At the water park in Folsom. Just little kids were allowed which was nice. The babies weren't interested at all because the water was so cold. You can see Emilyn's reaction above! She was happier exploring and checking out the sunscreen!
Jens and Matisyn in the slip n slide
Swinging at the park, Matisyn still likes the baby swings because she can go super high without worrying about falling out (she fell out backwards once, so now she prefers the ones with a back). Emilyn has ear to ear grins whenever she swings.
Eating at Mimi's before my mom dropped us off at Alison's house. Matisyn was being quite the sassy girl, and Emilyn was cracking us up devouring the rest of my mom's salad. She was even eating it herself with a fork. She just kept saying mmmmm, and couldn't seem to get enough.
Matisyn reading a very fascinating book, just slightly above her level!, to the sleeping kitty next to her.
Emilyn and Uncle Chunk
Emilyn loves Grandma Anne's walker!
Grandma Karen, Matisyn, and my toes after a pedicure
The girls eating cookies, Emilyn wasn't supposed to have one, but she found one and ran while stuffing it into her mouth!
Matisyn's first pedicure, really she just got her toenails painted, but she was so excited and proud, and she sat so still I could hardly believe it.
Matisyn and Grandma built a lego man of Daddy because Matisyn was missing him. He looks pretty good, even has dark hair at the top. In comes King Kong baby to destroy the creation!
Here are the pictures from the end of our California trip. They posted in the wrong direction, so they are most recent at the top to the oldest at the bottom. We had such a nice time. I really needed some time away, and I have some new energy to get back to "real-life"! The girls both adore Grandma Karen, and we had such a nice vacation. I was able to have some time to visit with old friends, Kelly and Christen, that I haven't seen in awhile, and some friends that I've been close to since I was little, Jill and Laura. My mom said she hasn't seen me so relaxed in a long time. We all missed Matt though, and it was nice to have another parent around again. Matt was out of town on business for the first couple of days when we got home, and Matisyn could hardly stand waiting another minute to see him. Both girls ended up sick the day after we got home, Matisyn throwing up in my bed in the middle of the night, and Emilyn with a 102 degree fever, both not too happy. Welcome home!
We spent the last few days in Folsom visiting with Mike and Alison. They are such wonderful hosts and we loved our visit with them. Matisyn and Jens got along famously as always. They have occasional fights and both enjoy a very loud voice so chaos reigns when they are together, but happiness as well. Alison and I just enjoyed each others' company, not doing much. We felt busy enough though with the four kids. One day we went to the park and had a picnic and the kids spent the rest of the day outside playing with the slip n slide and the hose. The next day we took the kids to a little water park at the rec pool. It was pretty cold though and they didn't last too long. Alison and I got a chance to walk two mornings (only taking Emilyn) and go to breakfast on the last day without kids, which was so nice of Mike. We made it home in one piece, although the flight was stressful as always with my girls. Luckily Grandma Barb picked us up since Matt was gone. I'm happy to say we are officially unpacked!















No comments:
Post a Comment