Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Primary


Two years ago I was released from my young women's calling in church and given a calling in primary, teaching the eight and nine year olds (third and fourth graders).  It is right up my alley, but the first year with a new baby it took some adjusting.  I really enjoyed this last year, and I had a really cute class.  Before Christmas I made cookies and wrote a poem for them to deliver as a little gift.  I will miss these kids, but I'm excited to go to class myself for the first time in six years or so.  We'll see how long it lasts, I was released from primary, but I haven't been given my new calling yet!  Here is the poem I wrote:

December has come, and our year together is almost through,
It’s time to say goodbye and move on to something new.
We’ve studied and laughed, been serious and silly,
Searching the scriptures all year,
until outside it’s real chilly.
Our class has been wise, helpful, and kind,
Always willing to help if another is in a bind.

Will loves legos, and can search the scriptures like a pro,
Austin is full of smiles,
and lifts you up if you’re feeling low.
Colby is serious and thoughtful, loves sports of all kinds,
But he doesn’t love treats,
maybe someday he’ll change his mind.
Hayden loves baseball, and picks up on the scriptures fast,
He shares what he learns and is seldom up last.
Braxten is so helpful and merry and bright,
If you don’t watch out there might be two of him in sight.
Hannah is full of light, funny and sweet,
During this year a new baby sister she did meet.
Tori is silly, and she loves a good laugh,
But don’t let her fool you, she still stays on task.
Courtney is quiet, but everyone’s friend,
She also is a good listener right up till the end.
Emma jumps right in to participate and share,
She especially loves singing time,
and about others she does care.

I am so grateful to have been a teacher to all of you,
A better group of fourth graders I couldn’t introduce you to.
I will miss you all dearly as the New Year comes around,
But I wish you a Merry Christmas and in your homes may happiness abound.
May Christ our Savior be the focus this season,
and all throughout the year,
Bringing you peace and lots of good cheer.

3 comments:

  1. That is SO cute - you are such a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Kristin! I bet your class LOVED that. What a great teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. It looks like you guys had a really nice Christmas. I haven't talked to you in about ten years! I would love to talk to you this week--so if I don't call you, call me!

    ReplyDelete