Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy 32nd Birthday!

Happy 32nd Birthday!
November 1st....


Happy Birthday to me!  We celebrated my 32nd birthday a little late at home, but it felt like I got a lot of birthday time this year.  Matt and I went to PF Changs on my actual birthday, but it was a Tuesday, so it was rushed, and I met him there so that we could make it back to take Matisyn to her dance class.  My friend Ashly was a lifesaver and took the girls for us so that we could at least have those couple of hours.  I always forget how nice it is to just talk with Matt and not be interrupted by kids!  I knew it would be quick and that the rest of the day would feel like any other day, so I was so excited when my friend Amber offered to get together for lunch at her house.  It was last minute, but Amy, Ashly, and Kelly all came too.  Ashly brought chicken nuggets for the kids and they played while we were able to enjoy an adult Kneaders lunch that Amber picked up.  I felt very loved, and so appreciative that it changed up my day and made it feel like my birthday!  On the following Saturday we went out with the Barrett's and the Thygerson's to Macaroni Grill.  Emma stayed at the house and watched the kids for us.  I must be getting old, because it doesn't feel possible that she is old enough to be a babysitter already!  Then Sunday Matt made a cake, which makes birthday celebrations official in our house! The theme for gifts this year seemed to be sewing.  Matt ordered some sewing books and scissors off my Amazon wish list, and Cora also got me a sewing book.  I've enjoyed teaching myself how to use my machine, and love that it is a skill that I never thought I'd be interested in developing.  We'll see what 32 has to bring!










In this one everyone is looking, but Matt has scary eyes!  We need to photoshop Emilyn's face looking toward the camera onto the other family picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment