Thursday, November 10, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!
October 31

Matt and I were invited to an adult Halloween party on the Saturday before Halloween.  When I was trying to figure out costumes for us, my friend Alison said to think about what I already have.  You can't go wrong with the cow!  Then she suggested Matt be my milkmaid and the idea stuck.  We couldn't stop giggling just imagining Matt dressed up that way, and luckily he was a great sport.  He even made his own wig out of yarn (I helped with the braids though)!  It was a bunko-Halloween party, and we laughed and yelled the whole night.  I didn't have a voice by the end.  Thanks to Matt's parents for coming over to watch the girls.  They had a great night with Grandma and Papa!








Matisyn got to be part of her first elementary school Halloween parade this year.  Emilyn and I were in the audience, but she still wanted to be fancy too!  Matisyn was hilarious walking through the school.  Many of the kids were looking down, frown faces, not so sure about this whole parade idea.  Not my girl!  She is waving and smiling like the whole audience is here for her!



 Emilyn practicing some princess spins!


 Work it Matisyn!



 After the parade we headed to her kindergarten classroom for her party.  I was in charge of a game, so we played "Hot Pumpkin" and I gave out treats.  I loved how Emilyn just wanted to be one of the class.  She sat right down on the rug for storytime!



On the actual night of Halloween the girls were so excited.  We snapped some family pictures and then took turns taking the girls around our neighborhood.  We both like to see them trick or treat, and nobody wants to stay home to hand out candy.  I figure that will change as they get older, but for now they are both so cute and into the whole thing.  Our street slowed down for a bit, so we actually went out together for awhile too.  After we hit some houses in the neighborhood, we headed over to Papa and Grandma Barb's.  As is tradition, we had delicious soup and got to trick or treat some more with cousins.  They had a cotton candy machine again this year, which really brings the crowds and delights the grandkids!  The cousins also ate donuts off a string.  Emilyn was swinging her donut all over, and couldn't be happier.  Poor Cassidy had to watch out!  She got the hang of it by the end though.  We left for home with two happy kids in a sugar coma!












Here is a little taste of Matisyn as a lion back in the day!

 We ran into Khloe and Porter while we were out.  Porter and Matisyn got to trick or treat together for awhile.  They left their little sisters in the dust as they ran from house to house!

 Emilyn kept wanting to eat each treat as she got it!

 Emilyn's little friend Chayce from nursery class!

 We also ran into Maili and Alexa along the way.


 We didn't plan it, but Cassidy and Matisyn got to be cute Dorothy's together!

 Kiersten was Matisyn's little trick or treat buddy when we were out with the cousins.

 Madilynn took on the job of keeping track of Emilyn.  They are pretty good little buddies too!



 Emilyn having so much fun swinging her donut!










Matisyn knocking over Uncle Mike!  Uncle Mike, Kenz and Cass were good sports going out with us and the little kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment