Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Nov 27-Dec 3

Nov 27 - Dec 3

Baby Lucas is seven weeks old and starting to sleep a big stretch.  He usually falls asleep around 9 and then wakes up around 3:00 am. to eat, then again at 5 or 6 and up at 7.  I'm pretty sure neither of my girls consistently slept a 6 hour leg at night, so I'm very happy about it, even if I don't get to bed until later.  One night he even did a seven hour stretch from 8 to 3 (Dec 1).  But with the crazy itching thing I've been going through I'm up most the night even though he is sleeping.  I'm hoping to be able to enjoy how well he is sleeping soon.  I am so ready to feel better.  We still don't have an eating/sleeping schedule during the day.  I'm just going with what he wants, when he wants it, which is working for us for now!  He is such a content, happy little guy as long as we remember his medicine and his reflux isn't acting up.  His medicine is definitely helping, and we can tell a difference if we forget.  He smiles all the time now, and loves when you talk to him.  I even got my first giggle out of him by tickling his face and talking to him (Nov 30).  We are going more places.  He's had outings to dinner, Costco, Ikea, church, etc.  He is usually so good in his car seat, which is how I have gotten away with taking him places even with my germ worries.  He falls asleep when we are driving and then I just leave him covered in there.  I'm not sure how much longer that will last, but I'll take it for now.  We're just enjoying every minute with this little man!  Here are some things we've been up to...

 Emilyn was so excited to try on her Christmas dance recital costume.


 Now that our family is complete, I figured it was time to order stockings.  I love the way they look together!
 Sleeping under his play gym

 Just a sampling of our Fall decorations.  The marshmallow ghost in the middle is from Emilyn's preschool and the rest are by Matisyn.



 Daddy getting Lucas to giggle after I told him about my success!  Matisyn loves to be with baby brother too.




 Matt babysitting...eventually Lucas did fall asleep too!


 Matisyn entertaining brother...dressed as...?



 Such a handsome boy!  Here Lucas is dressed for his first day at church.  He didn't need to be too fancy because he stayed covered up in his car seat and I left after Sacrament meeting.  I'm not ready to take him out there, or even handle him for all three meetings.  It was nice to go for the one though, and he was so good!




 This was how Emilyn went to church.  We came down and she had colored her face with pink marker.  Matt and I couldn't look at her with a straight face. So curious what everyone thought when they saw her.  Probably just, there goes another Johnson kid with a marker.  We really should just ban all markers from our house!




 Lucas is loving baths in the sink right now.  He just smiles and smiles the whole time.

 Emilyn loves to jump into pictures with baby brother.  She is missing the old amount of attention she used to get, but really adores baby Lucas.

 Thankful turkey by Matisyn:  my baby brother, snow, cake, and Indians

 I love these pictures of Lucas.  This is the first time I put him in front of the Christmas tree.  He was mesmerized by the lights, and was content to lay there for such a long time.







No comments:

Post a Comment