Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Week 6 and Travel to CA

Week 6 and Travel to CA
November 13-19

This was a big week because we packed up and headed out to California for Thanksgiving, and for Lucas' first road trip.  He was only 5 weeks old when we left, and was the best traveler.  We shouldn't have worried because he was fantastic in the car.  He slept most of the time, and when he woke up, he was pretty content too.  We only had to make two stops on the way out, which stretched his feedings 4-5 hours, which he never does in the day.  He even had a little bit of a stuffy nose that he got from the girls' colds.  I had stayed up lots of hours listening to him gasp and choke, and making sure he could breathe the whole week.  I am so relieved to have him breathing easier now.

We stopped on the way in to spend the weekend with our best friends in Folsom.  We have so much fun with them, and we are so lucky that our families are perfectly matched so everyone has a buddy.  Lucas didn't seem to mind getting attention from everyone!  The kids even got to have "slumber parties" together.  We expected to have to split up the three year olds after a bit, but they fell asleep quickly and were so proud to be big like their brother and sister!  Jens and Matisyn on the other hand stayed up way too late.  I took a picture of them because they looked so cute falling asleep in the same bed after playing, but turns out they were just tricking us and were still awake!

Lucas is still sleeping everywhere but his bed during the day.  Once in a long while I put him in his crib for a nap, but mostly he just sleeps wherever he happens to be.  So far I'm liking it because I can see him, and he is so CUTE, and because we are in and out so much with the girls' schedules that I'm hoping he'll learn to sleep anywhere.  Eventually I know I need to get into a better schedule because he will get longer, deeper naps in his bed, and right now I still just feed him whenever he seems hungry and have no idea when that will be each day.

Emilyn came home from preschool and decided to teach her ponies the letters she learned.  It was so cute to watch her.  She lined them up and brought one at a time forward to practice.  She seems to be catching on to a little more.  I think having extra preschool time is helping, and she is loving the special Emilyn things that she gets to do.



 Lucas has discovered his arms this week!


 Pictures of Lucas and his friend Owen.  My friend Ashly and I couldn't have planned our babies any closer.  It has been so fun to be pregnant with her and then to have babies at the same time and go through things together.  I'm so glad to have her as a friend and I'm happy these two can grow up as buddies.  They are only 6 days apart.



 On the road to California.  We're lucky to have three good travelers!











Matisyn and Emilyn painting their ornaments for Uncle Chunk and Heather the first night at Grandma Karen's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment