Friday, October 10, 2014

September

September

 Oh how we'll miss watermelon season!





 I've continued my organization project around the house.  When I was cleaning out the pantry I found some notebooks that had some cute things from the girls.  This writing is from Matisyn's notebook from 2nd grade.


 These letter journal pictures are from Emilyn's preschool class.  I love her drawings!






 Lucas had a little too much fun with some chalk outside!

 Aunt Megan decided it was time to pass down her boys favorite train set to Lucas.  He couldn't be happier with it!  It is such a fun set with remote control engines and stations that move and remotes that make noise.  The girls love it too.  The three of them have spent hours playing with it already.
Thanks Aunt Megan!




Having some fun in the photo booth at the school carnival

 Lucas loved the reptile room at the carnival.  He got to pet a snake, a turtle, and a lizard.


 Our nephew KC left on his mission to Texas this month.  It's hard to believe him and CJ are out now.  Here we are saying goodbye.  We will miss him!



 I'm sure I've mentioned this guys love for trouble making!  I found him standing up on the windowsill under the blinds leaning and looking out the window.  He was so proud and thought he was so funny!  He snapped off part of the blind too in his excitement.


 Yum, Popsicles.  It's best to just forget clothes when Lucas has a popsicle!
 
 Lucas got an early birthday present.  A fish!  Our girls each got a fish for their second birthday too.  We went fish shopping early so we could go with Grandma Karen while she was visiting.  He picked out a blue and red betta fish.  He just kept saying, "fiss, fiss, fiss."  He was pretty proud of his choice!  When we asked him what we should name him he immediately said "Bubbles."  Ever since then he has just called him "Fiss" (fish), so I'm not sure what will stick.  He loves to climb up on the counter and visit him, and it is a present that just keeps on giving in his opinion!




 Grandma Karen got him an early birthday present, something I've been eying for a while, a Thomas the Train remote control train.  He loves this little train.  My favorite was that when he first started using it, he would chase it while holding down the go button.  He couldn't seem to figure out why it wouldn't slow down so he could pick it up!


 Matisyn brought home a giant zucchini from the school's garden.  She wrapped it up in her sweatshirt and called it her baby.  She cried a little dramatically when I fried it up to eat!

 Lucas discovered that he could drag his little chair into the kitchen to reach the water in the refrigerator.  He has since figured out that any chair or stool will work.  He has made some big water messes since then when we forget to lock the water button.

 My mom was so wonderful to fly in for a visit to watch the kids for a couple of days so that I could take one of my teaching classes.  She stayed for a week, and we got a lot in.  Other than babysitting, we were able to fit in some shopping, a pedicure, and some quiet meals without the kids.  She also watched them so that Matt and I could attend a funeral of my good friend Amy's mom that passed away from cancer.  It was so sad, but also such a celebration of her life and the person she was.  It was inspiring, and I was glad Matt could go with me, because it was also pretty emotional.  The kids were so sad to say goodbye to their favorite playmate when it was time for her to leave, as was I!  Thanks for a great visit Mama!
 


 The end of September brought this beautiful, full rainbow.  We have had lots of rain this month, and this storm brought this beauty.



 We finished Emilyn's first homework calendar for Kindergarten.  She has been so great about homework, and has so much fun working on things with me.  She has a little assignment to do in her journal from this calendar, 20 minutes of reading, and a math workbook she can do at her own pace each day.

Toward the end of the month we finally got the tent trailer out for the first time this season.  We all really enjoy being outside together, and we live in such a beautiful place.  The kids had a great time getting dirty and exploring, roasting marshmallows and making s'mores.  The next morning we packed up in the rain, and the kids couldn't be happier about getting soaked.  Lucas was especially happy with his sand toys and the water running off the tent trailer!















Matisyn will probably have to have multiple phases of braces because of the limited space in her mouth for her adult teeth to grow in.  We went to the orthodontist to check things out and he said the first step is to have two of her baby teeth pulled so the two of the front teeth have room to come down, then we will reevaluate at the beginning of the year.  She has never had a cavity, and she is VERY scared of getting shots in her mouth, so I knew this would be interesting.  I got her laughing gas to try and calm her down, and she actually did pretty great.  I thought that she would be funny with the gas, but she was pretty serious.  I got some good pictures anyway!











 Lucas is loving his Tonka truck these days!  He runs it all over the place and fills it up with all sorts of goodies!  And there you have September!


No comments:

Post a Comment