Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Baby #4...

Baby #4...

SURPRISE...to us too!  Baby #4 will be joining our family in July!  It wasn't exactly planned, except for in my head!, but we are all really excited to be adding a fourth baby to our family.  It was quite the Thanksgiving week surprise.  I took a sneaky trip to the grocery store while we were visiting my mom in California when I realized something was missing that week.  The test, two tests to be exact, were positive.  I walked around in shock that day, and then told Matt over Chinese food on the patio that night!  Although this was definitely not in his plans, he has been so supportive and excited the whole time.

Since we weren't expecting it, by the time I took the test, I only had a few days after finding out before the nausea, sickness, and exhaustion kicked in.  This baby has hit me hard with it too!  December, January, February, and part of March were all a blur of feeling pretty miserable for me.  Which is why I am finally getting caught up with the blog at the end of March!  It lasted until 21 weeks or so this time.

We told the girls in January, once we had a first ultrasound, and then a healthy heartbeat a few weeks later.  I was about 13 weeks along.  They were relieved to find out the reason for my grumpy, miserable attitude the last couple of months!  It was getting hard to disguise what was going on.  We had told my mom during our visit pretty soon after we found out, and we surprised Matt's mom at the hospital with the first ultrasound picture.  Once we told the kids, we opened the news up to other people close to us.  It's been an interesting mix of reactions.  In Utah a fourth baby is pretty normal, and for my family and friends in California a fourth is pretty crazy!  Everyone has been pretty supportive of us though, which has been comforting to me!

The girls were beyond excited at the news.  I wrapped up a box with pink and blue helium balloons, newborn diapers, and the first ultrasound picture.  I thought they would get it right away, but they were pretty confused when they opened the box.  Matisyn told Lucas it was a picture of him when he was a baby, and some new diapers for him!  I had to give a few hints, and then Matisyn started screaming for joy.  Emilyn followed close behind.  Lucas isn't exactly sure what is going on, but he has since patted my belly and said, "baby." It made me tear up to see them so happy about it!











No comments:

Post a Comment