We had a nice visit. Mom and I got a couple nights and even most of a day out by ourselves, going to dinner, seeing a movie, and shopping. It was much needed time to feel like myself again. We spent one of the days going to the Tulip Festival and having a nice lunch in the restaurant overlooking the gardens. Much of the time was spent during the day around the house with Grandma and Matisyn getting quality play time together, coloring, playing school, dolls, toys, reading books, and more. One day I was able to take Emilyn to get one year pictures. She performed above and beyond expectations, and I was grateful to have my mom with me to be able to choose the best pictures when they were all wonderful.
Thanks so much Grandma for coming. We love you! And thanks to Matt for taking such good care of the little girls so that the big girls could get some time away.
One of the days was spent with some research nurses for some testing for a study I took part in while pregnant with Emilyn. They took blood every month of my pregnancy and watched my thyroid, and I was given either a placebo or an actual medication to boost my thyroid. They are testing whether a lower thyroid while mom is pregnant is connected to problems learning and developing. I'm not too worried about Ems though because she is already a smart little thing. Every year until she is five we'll go up and have tests done. They don't tell me much while the test is going on, but I already know she is brilliant! She was able to do most of the little simple puzzles unless it was something pretty beyond her age range. One test she didn't do was when she was asked to comb the doll's hair she looked at the nurse like she was crazy (the doll didn't have any actual hair) and turned around and started combing my hair instead! I think that should get bonus points! She was able to put things in and out, point out items in pictures, and find hidden objects. She wasn't quite ready for block stacking or putting pegs into holes, but all in all I think she passed. Apparently they can't tell me how she did until the study is over in 5 years. I'll keep you posted!


Doesn't it look like Emilyn's saying, please don't leave me alone in this enclosed space with her?!!!Matisyn Quotes:
"Watch and learn." Said while showing Porter how to do something. Not sure where she picked up on that!
"I want to be a super flower dancer when I grow up."
"What a day. I'm exhausted." Love her vocabulary!
Daddy: I think our fridge is out of water.
Matisyn: Jesus could get us more water.
Daddy: Jesus gives us water?
Matisyn: Yeah, he made it. He also gives us trees, and apple juice, and bears, and squirrels.
"Mommy, do birds pee? Because they have feather bums instead of nakie skin bums."
As a finale I'd like to post some clothing stats. Matt and I went through our closet and drawers together on Saturday and these are the things we are giving away:
8 ties
66 tops
22 pants/bottoms
7 dresses
16 sweaters
10 hats
1 pair of shoes
Yes, this is embarrassing that we have held on to so many things we have not worn for years. I hope others will be able to get some use out of them. We're just happy to walk into our clean, organized closet! I'm feeling spring cleaning fever, so watch out coat closet, you're next!
That is an impressive closet clean out! Also, a good tax deduction for next year.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe how big your girls are. I can't wait to see you in June!
So fun to have Grandma come visit! And I love the stats - nothing is better than a clean, organized closet!
ReplyDelete