Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23 Things You've Missed

Here are some things that have happened the last few weeks since I last posted:

  • My computer has been less than cooperative. I bought apple care, when I bought my mac, which should cover any problems. We have only replaced one part, which is the hard drive, because I needed a larger one to store all my pictures and videos. Of course, that is the one thing void of warranty and the one thing they say is damaged. So instead of it being fixed Matt picked it up, still broken, because he refuses to pay someone else to take care of something computer related, even if his knowledge is mostly pc, so here my computer is sitting next to me, useless with a distracted husband testing out everything on it before he uses the warranty on the hard drive, which will take forever since it's from some random internet company. (Sorry for the run-on sentence!) So I'm just assuming I'll be without my computer for awhile longer. :(

  • On happier news we got a new trampoline. We spent more than we wanted to, but I think this one will hold up to wear and tear, windy weather, and "big boys" jumping on it. So far it has been a fun addition to our backyard. If I can just get over all my fears of flipping and injuries . . .




  • Matisyn had her end of the year dance recital, which was, of course, entertaining. I'll post more on that later.Emilyn has become a climber. She climbs up and over everything. Even if it's easier to go around, she'd rather climb over it!




  • Emilyn took her first step! And yes I mean step, so far no more than one. She takes one and then realizes crawling will be faster, so down she goes. She's so close now though. She walks all over holding onto things. (While I was writing this she decided to take three steps in a row to Daddy. . . so exciting!)

  • I am officially a teacher for another five years. I finished up my classes, fingerprinting, background check, and paperwork and have my new license in hand.

  • Matisyn had her last day of preschool last Tuesday the 18th. She has loved going, and it will be missed this summer. Missed so much in fact I signed her up for a summer session at the rec center by our house. Not as convenient as the one she's been in, but it will give her some social time, and me a little break.

  • We went camping up the canyon near our house. We figured out that camping will be much more difficult this summer, compared with last, with Ems mobility and refusal to hear the word no! We also hiked a very steep trail up to a cave, which Matisyn LOVED. I'll post more pictures from this trip later.


  • We went to the Dinosaur Museum with Aunt Megan, and David and Sam. Matisyn can't get enough of the place, so I'm glad we have the pass.

  • I got two girl's nights, one for a baby shower for my friend Kelly who is having her first girl, after having three boys, and waffle night with some friends, care of my cute chef of a husband.

  • Mads got a new booster seat, still with a five point harness though since she doesn't weight enough yet. She picked it out, so it has to be pink! It's finally time for Emilyn to bump into a big girl car seat. Not sure how they're growing up so fast.

  • The stomach flu visited our house last week. It started late Thursday night and Matisyn threw up the whole night. She didn't hit the bowl once I might add. I would hear the faint word, "Daddy" in her little sick voice, and then I would bolt into her room, always too late. My aches and nausea started in the middle of the night, and I was miserable all day Friday with achiness and fever. Matisyn had different symptoms than me, but it seemed to be the same thing. Luckily Matt and Emilyn escaped it, I hope!

  • Now for the finale, I know you have all been missing Matisyn mania. I haven't posted many of her mishaps lately, so here are a few favorites.

    • She wrote with ball point pen on the Pottery Barn chair grandma Karen gave her for Christmas last year. I'm still not sure if it will come off.



    • She CUT her hair Again, and no I don't know what she was thinking or why she did it. We had two pictures scheduled, one yesterday, and one next Friday. I'm going to have to be creative with her hair. Luckily it wasn't as bad as last time. I didn't take a picture, I was too mad.
    • We had our first call to poison control, for Emilyn, because of Matiysn. I know that's surprising knowing Matisyn, that we haven't had to call before. I'm very grateful for that, but this was pretty scary. While I turned my back to get towels organized she squeezed who knows how much shampoo out of her bottle (not baby shampoo) all over onto Emilyn's head and face and then poured water over the top. By the time I realized what was happening, Emilyn was gasping for air and her eyes, nose and mouth were all full of soap. It took some time before she could breathe normally because the shampoo was in her lungs. After awhile she was coughing up the stuff, crying, and wheezing, which was better than no air at all. I was sobbing because I was so mad at Matisyn, she knows better, and scared because Ems was such a mess. She broke out in hives and was pretty much miserable. It was a relief when she finally started acting more normal. Mads knew how upset I was so she ran outside naked (she had just gotten out of the bath) and yelled to Matt that the baby was choking. Our poor neighbors didn't know what to think. I think Matisyn will have some payback to look forward to when her sister gets old enough to realize all that she has endured at her hand! Here are a couple of pictures, once things had settled down, she looks so sad.


    New Artwork by Matisyn, she's getting so much better at staying in the lines

    Matching pajamas from Grandma Barb, they were so cute I wanted pictures together. Ems wasn't cooperating.


      No comments:

      Post a Comment