Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Just Because, August 10

I'm a little behind on blogging due to some emotional trauma last week, we're working through that!  It has also been a busy couple of weeks that I'll try to catch up on over the next few days.  Emilyn is talking like crazy.  Some new words are "peek a boo", "brush yer teeth", yes, and "wow, dada".  We're especially impressed with her putting words together now.  She's starting to repeat more, and seems to pick up things very quickly.  She nods her head yes and no when we ask her a question, and somehow seems to understand most of what we say.  She still does NOT like to hear the word NO when directed at her.  It receives a very upset pterodactyl screech in return.  

Matisyn is acting like a teenager, and can't wait to turn 5.  I don't know how to break it to her that she has quite some time before that happens.  She has loved her summer preschool, and her last day is on Thursday.  They're having a Teddy Bear Picnic.  She can't wait to take Bedtime Bear, my Carebear from when I was little.  I put Matisyn in Itty Bitty Soccer and she has really loved it.  Who knows, it could be her thing when she gets older.  I also put her in a music class.  It was a four day trial to see if she would be interested in actual classes for the Fall.  She was so in her element, singing, dancing, and playing instruments.  I didn't think it would be possible to keep her in classes because they are parent assisted and Emilyn is not invited, but the class I wanted happened to have Saturday openings.  It's nice to have that one on one time with Matisyn and she really enjoys it too.

Here are a few pictures from today, just because!


No comments:

Post a Comment