Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pioneer Weekend, July 25




The Saturday we got home from Bryce was Pioneer Day, and we took Mom to the "Taste of the Valley".  We've gone the last couple of years, and as always, it didn't disappoint.  There were so many delicious restaurants there, and we were stuffed by the end.  Ems got restless at the end and we had to let her out to run around.  She ran to Matisyn and kept hugging and kissing her.  It was so cute to see her love her like that.

Grandma Karen and Matisyn fell asleep on the bean bag.  I'm sure my mom will just love this picture, but I had to post it because I thought it was so cute that Matisyn fell asleep right on top of her.

Saturday night we made tin foil dinners, and Matt played bubbles with the girls and sprayed them with the hose.







I love Emilyn's expression here.  She kept laughing after the water was gone, but she was so shocked every time it hit her.

That night we celebrated our pioneer heritage with some home-made ice cream and fireworks.  We haven't done little fireworks for years, and I was a little disappointed.  In my adult years all I could think about was how much money was burning as each firework went off!  I think the girls enjoyed them though, which makes it worth it.








The next day we celebrated Grandma Karen's birthday that was coming up that week.  We made her a special card and cake, sung happy birthday, blew out candles (multiple times), and gave Grandma some presents.  We love birthdays around here!




No comments:

Post a Comment