Lucas trying pears for the first time. He seemed to like them the best with oatmeal mixed in so they weren't as tart. He loves spoons now, and grabs for them as we are feeding him. He is so happy when we hand him the spoon to chew on at the end. He is starting to throw things off the highchair too, experimenting with cause and effect to see how fast we jump to get things for him!
Lucas is pretty good at sitting up now, and he loves this position so he can look around and see what is going on.
Emilyn playing with her new Brave characters on top of the puzzle we just put together.
Matisyn made a book with her 1st grade class, and this was the rough copy of her writing and picture for the book.
This was such a sad morning for Lucas! I know you can't tell because he is the best baby in the world and is still smiling. He had somehow reached a lid from one of my glass vases (you can see them behind him on the counter), managed to smash it and shatter it on the granite counter, and by the time I saw him, was eating a chunk of the glass. He was only mad because I took the glass away, not because he was hurt! I was upstairs for just a minute helping Matisyn get ready for school and Lucas was hanging out with Emilyn. There needs to be at least three of me to take care of everything in the mornings. This was not my proudest parenting moment, and I felt so bad that this happened to him. It is another reminder of how careful I have to be with where I leave this little guy, and how fast he can get into something. By the time I cleaned him up, he had gotten blood all over. He had sliced the side of his mouth, and cut his finger. I wasn't sure if he needed to go to the doctor so I talked through his "injuries" with Matt who concluded if I didn't think there was still glass in the finger, and I could get the bleeding to stop, he was going to be fine. He is such a tough little baby!
Lucas getting carrots for the first time. He really loved these in the beginning.
Emilyn loves to help feed her baby brother.
He thinks pears are a little sour! At this point we could still get him to eat the food even if he didn't love it or made faces like this. Now he has started clenching his mouth and/or gagging!
Matisyn performing for her special audience!
I found this thankful list from Matisyn when I was cleaning out the pantry.
Lucas finally rolled over! He rolled from front to back on 4-24-13. He only does it once in a while, but at least we know he can now! He wouldn't repeat the trick for the camera!
Matisyn feeding Lucas green beans, definitely not his favorite now, he refuses to eat them at all, but he even seemed to like them the first time we fed them to him.
Emilyn's whale from preschool.
The ducks are growing quickly! Before they got too big, I took them to visit Emilyn's neighborhood preschool class. She was so proud to show them off, and the kids loved them. I was so proud of her showing the other kids how to hold them, be gentle and calm the ducks down.
Matisyn was jealous and really wanted them to visit her class too. My cute friend Amber watched Lucas for me so I could take them into Matisyn's classroom. They were a hit there too. The kids loved getting to pet them and watch them nibble and cheep. One pooped on Matisyn and she handled it so well. She calmly went to the bathroom and I got her cleaned up, and her teacher saved the day with a spare sweatshirt that she let her borrow. Matisyn got a lot of play date offers that day to come to her house and play with her and the ducks!
Matisyn got to go on a field trip to the zoo with her first grade class. I was sad to miss out on going, but I was glad to get some pictures from my friend Leah. It was freezing, but she still had a great time.
Ashley, Aliah, and Matisyn
A few pictures before I left for the airport with Lucas.


















Lucas looks so much bigger! How is he growing so fast?
ReplyDelete