April 8
4-9-13
18 lbs 3 oz 64 %
27.25 inches 78 %
44.6 cm 74 %
- Lucas is still eating just rice cereal and oatmeal, but is ready to start some fruits and vegetables.
- He is growing and learning like he should. We had to laugh that he has slowed his weight gain down a bit, he only gained a pound and a half since his last appointment and he dropped 20 percentage points from the 80th percentile to the 60th!
- He has found his feet! He grabs for them all the time, and especially loves his pajamas with foot designs now!
- He has more of a sleep/bed routine now. We read books in the glider while he bangs on them, then we sing a couple of songs. I lay him down in his crib as I'm singing the last song, blow kisses and go. I used to just lay him down under the tiny love mobile and he would watch and listen to the music. He doesn't like to be left alone anymore, so we're attempting a routine to help him go to sleep better on his own.
- He is sleeping better. He slept through the night for the second time in his life on 4-9-13. Lately he is only waking up once per night. Our schedule has been better. I finished reading the Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child book again, and decided to get him to bed earlier. Like the book says it has actually helped him sleep better. He goes to bed between 7 and 8 or so, and even earlier if he doesn't get a third nap, which is most of the time it seems. The late afternoons are too exciting with the girls home to nap! He takes a morning nap around 9:00 and an afternoon nap around 1:00, one nap is usually short if the other is long, and the times definitely depend on the day, what we have going on, and what time he wakes up. He is fully in his crib now, and sleeps until around 7:00 most days. I finally took the playpen down in our room and faced the facts that he is big enough to go back to his own room even if I have to take him back and forth to feed him in the middle of the night. I really am trying to hold on to the baby stages!
- He wears a bib almost all the time because he drools so much. Even with the bib, he often soaks through to his outfit and through his onesie.
- He cries more now when we put him in his crib or when we leave him alone in a room. I'm starting to nurse him to sleep for naps and bedtime, and it is so nice to put him down like that I'm worried I'm creating bad habits. I've kind of decided to do what makes me happy with this baby, and that has been just going with the flow of what he wants and needs. We're trying the schedule out too.
- His 6 month doctor appointment went well. He got a good report. He isn't rolling either way yet, but the doctor said with the back to sleep philosophy rolling has become less of a milestone. That made me feel better. I think he is just such a content baby, he doesn't feel like he has anywhere else to be. He'll get there in his own time. He did all the other things they asked about like bear weight on his legs, knows his name, pass toys back and forth, etc. he didn't even cry with his shots. He got a really sad face, I gave him his binky and picked him up and he was fine.
- We finally stopped swaddling him to sleep at night (4-6-13). We were worried he would wake up even more, but he seems to be fine. Not being swaddled should help with the rolling.
- He is getting his first two teeth, bottom middle two, one is through and one is working on it. The dr. found them during our visit. He is such a good baby, I didn't even notice he had started teething!
- He has been able to sit up on his own for awhile, but lately he is getting stronger and able to hold himself up for longer.
- We get compliments everywhere we go about what an adorable, smiley, fun, and happy baby he is, and we all agree. We can't get enough of this little guy!







No comments:
Post a Comment