April 1-7
Lucas looking so adorable in his crib. He loves snuggling with that blanket on top when he's ready to go to sleep, he rubs it with his fingers and puts it in his mouth.
I was feeling pretty under the weather during the girls' spring break, so the ducks saved the day this week. They were entertainment of the highest quality. We didn't have any big plans or outings, and we had already taken a trip to Disneyland a few weeks before the break came, so our time was spent snuggling and playing with them. They spent that week inside because they were so small and we were still learning what they needed. They are growing so fast that they quickly made their new home in the garage at the end of the week. They are so much fun to watch. We figured out quickly that they LOVE each other and love being together. They go everywhere together, and do not like to be separated. If we take one out to hold, the other ones cheep, cheep loudly. I also woke up a few mornings to loud cheeping. When I came down I found them out of food or water, they just were trying to let me know what they needed! The girls took them out to "ducky recess," as we called it, in the front, and we always had neighborhood visitors, or in the back and they would waddle around and check things out. One day I couldn't keep up on how much water they were drinking, so I decided to try a bowl. They all started drinking right away, until one discovered he could jump right in and use the water dish as a pond. They took turns jumping in and splashing around. It was adorable! Along with the responsibility of caring for them, they really have brought us a lot of joy.
All the ducklings are pretty content to hang out with Matisyn. Emilyn is a little too unpredictable for them, and they get tired of getting dropped when they are with her! She makes up for it however with her intense love for them, especially her Cheese n Quackers.
We took the ducks over to our friends' house to see if they would eat their big pile of ants. They ignored the ants and ate her flowers instead! We let them walk across the street and down the sidewalk following Matisyn home. It was really cute, so I made Matt run in and get the camera.
I had to take a picture because I survived taking all three kids to Costco for my first time. I've been avoiding it if at all possible. It actually went pretty smoothly.
We spent Conference Saturday at Matt's parents' house. Matt, Mike, Dave, CJ, and KC spent all day working on fixing the fence. Wendy and I took the girls to the park while Lucas napped, and we spent the rest of the day playing while the boys worked.
Lucas ended up getting his first solid food that wasn't cereal that day (4-6-13). I had brought a new brand of rice cereal and he didn't like it at all, so we decided to try some applesauce. He had mixed feelings about it when I was feeding it to him. He made some funny faces because I think it was pretty tart for him. By the end, he was definitely not enjoying it, mostly due to Emilyn being the one feeding it to him. She was shoving huge spoonfuls in his mouth. She was so proud to be helping, and he was very unhappy with her help and the new food! I have learned since then that it isn't his favorite, but he likes applesauce better with some oatmeal mixed in.
I love how excited Emilyn gets to help with baby brother, and how much of the applesauce ended up on his bib! Kenzie was holding him while we fed him and ended up with quite a bit on her too!
Matisyn had to get in on the feeding too. At least she was reading his cues a little better. I saved him shortly after from anymore applesauce. Poor little guy!
The ducks have cause quite a stir with the neighborhood. We have had a lot of fun bringing them out front and sharing them with friends. Everyone has been gentle with them, but I think the ducklings can get a little overwhelmed. They handle it well though, and are so well tempered. They never bite or get aggressive, they sometimes nibble with their beaks, or run away if there are too many people. On Sunday we had a record number of visitors!
They love to crawl up on Matisyn's back and perch on her neck. They are getting too big to fit underneath her hair, but they used to bury themselves under it. They seem so happy to be there, and it makes for a pretty funny sight.
Matisyn loves her ducks!
We had a great first week with our new duckling friends. I'm so glad we enjoyed it, because little did we know at this time how very fast they were going to grow!
Sunday night we dyed some Easter eggs since we hadn't found time the week before.














No comments:
Post a Comment