Matisyn's Family Party
March 9
We celebrated Matisyn's birthday with Matt's family a week early. We were happy to be able to find a date that worked for everyone. We can hardly believe she is 7!!! I had a teaching technology conference the whole day of and day before, so I had to be creative to get things ready. I made the lasagna the night before, and had the house all clean and ready. Matt's instructions were to not mess it up and to decorate! That evening I just had to throw the lasagna in the oven, make the bread, and put together the salad. Becky saved me and made a cake for Matisyn. I was just going to order one because I knew there was no way to get one made with the time I had available. Matisyn requested a white cake with pink frosting, with a gymnastics theme. Becky is an amazing cake decorator, and came through with a wonderful cake just the way Matisyn had it imagined. It had three Matisyn gymnasts on it, with a beam, bar, and vault. Thanks Beck for all of your time and hard work, it turned out beautifully! It was a really fun night. We had dinner, Matisyn opened presents, we ate cake, and then everyone stayed to visit until late. Matisyn and Emilyn happily played with the triplets, they can never get enough time with them. Thanks everyone for celebrating with us!
Lucas turned 5 months the day before. Since I was gone all day I didn't get my traditional on the day picture of him. He spent the day with Aunt Wendy, and came home tired and very happy! It's the first time I've left him for more than a couple of hours with anyone but Matt. He did great, and he and Wendy and Cassidy have a special little bond now!
My baby is turning 7!
Lucas is very tolerant of his big sisters tight squeezing hugs. Doesn't he look like he's saying, "Save Me" though!
Opening her fancy pedicure set from Mike, Wendy, and Cass
Getting changed and some attention from Aunt Becky
A kite from Grandma Barb to hold her over until she got her other presents later that week. She can't wait to have a perfect day to try it out.
Chalk-a-doos from the Mullen's, they have already had lots of playtime outside!
Matisyn watching her fancy cake be assembled.
All the gymnasts are set!
Our family with Aunt Becky, the cake creator!
Lucas with one of his new favorite buddies, Cousin Cassidy
Making a wish and blowing out her candles. Oops, one gymnast caught her hair on fire!
I think she likes it! Happy Birthday baby girl!


















No comments:
Post a Comment