March 14, 2013
Matisyn officially turned 7. 7 just sounds old! Much older than 6. We are trying to slow time down, but it isn't working. Our baby is turning into a big girl! Sometimes she seems so grown up that she has to remind us that she is still little and wants to be snuggled, tucked in, and given lots of loves. I hope she is never too old for the snuggles!
- Matisyn is still full of personality, drama, creativity, and imagination.
- She loves to help with baby brother. She saves the day sometimes when I need to get something done, and Lucas wants to be held. She will hold him, play with him, and distract him while I finish my task.
- She can be the biggest helper or the most opposite, depending on her mood. She has huge highs and lows, just like when she was little. The highs have gotten even higher, and the lows are thankfully less explosive than her toddler years. She is grown up enough now to know when she needs "time" to come around to Mommy and Daddy's way of thinking. Sometimes she seems wise beyond her years!
- She is loving first grade, and is learning so many new things. Sometimes I'm scared that she is already smarter than me! If she is interested in a subject, she can remember anything she learns about it. She especially loves science and she is becoming an amazing little reader.
- She loves to play with friends, watch shows, play outside, and create scenarios and dramas for her barbies, princesses, etc. to act out.
- She has informed me she does not like errands, but enjoys trips to the Aquarium or Dinosaur Museum, the Zoo, vacations to visit family and friends, the park, etc.
- She will eat foods like spaghetti and tacos, but only if I make them the way she likes. She is an extremely picky eater, and weighing in at 38 lbs., sometimes I worry she is going to float away. She doesn't have a problem eating treats, and can be sneaky if she sets her mind to something she wants.
- She loves to tell jokes and stories, turn on music and dance, and practice gymnastics. She seems to have a talent for gymnastics and is picking it up quickly. She is determined and will practice something she wants to learn over and over until she gets it. She is extremely flexible, and loves hanging upside down!
- She melts our hearts with her sensitivity, and ability to comfort and love. She surprises us with special pictures, notes, crafts, and projects that she makes us all the time. She will surprise me with breakfast in bed and pictures and notes by my pillow just because.
- Matisyn makes every activity more fun. Sometimes I think I spoil her too much because she is just so excited about everything, that sometimes I go overboard just to see her reactions. She makes me so happy. Life would be boring without her in our family! We love her very much!
We started Matisyn's birthday with waffles and a birthday candle and song. Matt was nice enough to make the batter before he left for work, so she would have a special breakfast before school. I left a little lip smackers present by her plate as a surprise.
Lucas taking part of the birthday festivities on the sidelines.
Later that day Emilyn, Lucas and I went in to Matisyn's classroom to bring her class cupcakes with rings, per Matisyn's request. We got to watch her be interviewed up in the front of the class by her classmates. She was so cute being in the spotlight, and it was fun to hear her answers. I've had a hard time this year, not being able to be more a part of her 1st grade experiences. Since I had baby brother at the beginning of the year, I haven't had very many opportunities to work in the classroom or go in to visit. She is so excited when I come in, and I think she misses me being able to do that like I did last year. I'm hoping to spend a lot more time with her in 2nd grade. Matisyn got to pass out the rings, and then give the kids a cupcake as they went off to lunch. She didn't want us to leave. :(
Here the class is singing happy birthday. I thought the candle idea was so cute. Their hands are all in the air like candles, and then when they finished singing Matisyn got to blow the candles out and the whole class fell down.
Interview with 7 year old Matisyn:
Nicknames: Mads, Sweetie Pie, Pumpkin, Madsi, Baby Girl, a few friends call her Mati
What is your favorite color? pink and red
What is your favorite animal? sea horse
What is your favorite T.V. show? She Ra & Backyardigans
What is your favorite food? Bread and sauce pizza (she takes the cheese and toppings off!), tacos, and spaghetti
Who are your best friends? Aliah, Reese, Kayla, Rachel...Ashley, Hannah, Van, Porter
What is your favorite activity? drama and art projects
What is your favorite toy? Baby Brother
What is your favorite restaurant? Rainforest Cafe
Where do you want to go on vacation? Disneyland and stay there for a year...with Grandma Karen too
What is your favorite book? Fairy Chapter Books
What is your favorite song? She loves to listen to This Place About to Blow, she can sing all the lyrics in the car! She likes me to sing You are my Sunshine. She likes to sing Twinkle, Twinkle to baby brother.
What is your favorite thing to do when you're at home? Watch T.V. in my pajamas
Where is your favorite place to visit? Grandma Karen's house
What do you hope you never have to eat again? pickles and salad
What's your favorite thing about school? parties, science
What makes you happiest? Hugs from baby brother
What is your favorite game? Card Games like Old Maid
What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July and Christmas
What is one new thing you'd like to try this year? New moves in gymnastics, like a front handspring
What would you like to be when you grow up? painter, artist
What was the best thing about this year? Getting to start gymnastics again









No comments:
Post a Comment