Misc August
August flew by in a whirlwind of unpacking
from California, soccer starting for both girls, some last minute summer
fun, and the start of school. I can hardly believe Fall is coming. We
have had a really great summer though, and I really enjoyed having the
kids home. I was ready when school started though to get back to
schedules and bedtimes and to change our fun focus a little. Here are
some of the things we've been up to in August.
We love that Lucas sleeps with his bum in the air, and almost always ends up laying right on top of his precious blanky!
Lucas's new favorite tractor utensils!
Matisyn loves a good rainbow!
I
was tired of having a playroom look like this, so I decided to start
being serious about going through things and really organizing and
deciding what to keep. I started with the playroom, but have since gone
through most of our closets and main drawers. I get a little high from
organized spaces, even though they don't seem to stay that way long.
At least the playroom has been a little less chaotic since the clean
out.
Lucas has been liking "feeding" babies lately. It's pretty cute!
Matisyn
has read A LOT of Cam Jansen mystery chapter books this summer. I
found this paper she had made when I was cleaning up downstairs. "There
is a crime made. It's at the jewelry store. Meet me at the lab!"
Still a lot of stuff in the playroom, but at least it looks better!
Lucas using a stamp as lipstick, and thinking he is hilarious doing it!
This
kid LOVES tools. He really likes play tools, but he can definitely
tell the difference. Watch out if he gets a hold of the real thing
because he does not like to give them back.
One
of our last privilege stick activities for the summer was getting to
play with shaving cream. Each girl had a friend over, so the four of
them went crazy with the stuff, and had such a great time.
Megan and Emilyn
Ashley and Matisyn
Lucas loves "helping" and pouring!
Emilyn
went through a phase where she put this dance outfit on at least once a
day for a couple of weeks. It brought out her inner diva, which she
quite enjoyed. Matisyn said wearing the outfit just made Emilyn talk
sassy!
The
Kindergarteners didn't start school for a week after the rest of the
kids so I had the girls over for breakfast so the kids could play and we
could visit. I love these girls!
I love my cute family!
The girls love fans, and they found these beauties at the Sheep Dog festival.
They
picked out these cute dresses and necklaces with Grandma Karen at my
favorite little boutique store at home. They had to have them!
Matt
and Amanda were nice enough to share some extra tickets they had to
Seven Peaks with us so we could get a little trip in before school
started. We met Matt in the late afternoon and stayed until closing
around 8:00. We all had a blast, and they all could have kept sliding
for hours.
The
day before school started we wanted to get one last fun outing in so we
finally tried out Manilla pond, nicknamed "the beach" by my friends.
The kids all loved it. They fed ducks, swam, and played in the sand.
Lucas
loved having his own mud pit, and was completely covered in sand by the
end. I had to follow him around to get a good picture of his sandy
crack!
The
week before school started we got in another visit to the Museum of
Curiosity. Amanda and her boys joined us, and we had such a nice day
together. The kids all loved exploring.
Lucas
spent a long time playing with these wheels that turn and make water
squirt out. We left this area and went over to have some lunch. By
that time Lucas had hives covering his arms and swelling his hands.
Luckily I had Benadryl and it worked quickly. It was spreading around
his mouth, but it looked like only where he had touched his face. The
only thing I can figure is that someone with peanut butter on their
hands had touched those wheels before he did. It's pretty scary how
easily he can be affected by his allergies.
The wind tunnel
Matisyn's "blow your horn" worksheet.
Dinosaur museum the week Matisyn started school and Emilyn had another week home. Lucas ran around pointing at things, he thought everything there was great!
Playing
with play food on top of the counter. Not happy with Emilyn for giving
Lucas the idea! He already thinks the higher the better!
Ashly
and I are switching off with the boys so we can work in our kids'
classrooms and get anything else we need to done without little ones.
They are fun to have together, the two little blondies who love their
binkies and blankies! They also liked princess wands in this instance!
Back
to School Night, the girls got to meet their teachers and see their
classrooms. I snapped a picture of each of them in case I couldn't get
it on the big first day. Matisyn looks so grown up sitting at her desk
in 3rd grade!
Sheepdog
Festival with the Thygerson's. This has become a fun yearly tradition
on Labor Day weekend. One of our favorite things is this show put on by
an animal rescue group.
Emilyn went straight up and volunteered to hold this huge snake!
The girls loved holding the turtle too.
Emilyn holding the lizard and Matisyn holding the albino hedgehog. It was a great last day of August!



























No comments:
Post a Comment