May 10
It was a lovely Mother's Day this year. Matt started early by giving me some peace and quiet time to myself on Saturday and taking the kids on some outings. They brought me back some beautiful flowers! The girls both made me special things at school. Emilyn made a cute card, and a special Mother's Day plate that she colored herself. Matisyn made a sweet card with three flowers that I can pick with jobs she is willing to do on them. She chose babysit her brother, feed the fish, and read. In our nursery class at church, my friend Heather and I had the kids make a painted handprint on a potholder to give to their moms. I also made cookies to go with them. I love Lucas's little orange handprint. Orange is his favorite color right now! That night Matt's mom joined us for dinner, and Matt barbecued steak, and made potatoes and a salad. Everything turned out delicious, and we had a fun night visiting. Wish we could have had both moms with us! I'm very grateful to have such a wonderful mom, a great mother in law, and that I get to be a mom to three adorable kids...and one on the way!









No comments:
Post a Comment