San Juan Islands Day 5
Day 6 Heading Home
April 22-23
Our last day on the island we spent most of the day at Lime Kiln Park. We picked up sandwiches at the bakery in Friday Harbor and then had a picnic watching the boats and waiting for whales. We climbed around on the rocks, searched through the tide pools, and walked along the trail. Right as we were packing up to leave a group of whales swam by. They were pretty far out, but we were happy to spend some more time watching them. I even saw one breach through the binoculars. It was a perfect, relaxing last day on our vacation. We ate dinner at The Hungry Clam in Friday Harbor. Matt finally got his clam chowder and I had fish n chips.
We left for the ferry back to Anacortes early the next morning, and caught breakfast overlooking the water while we waited. It was the first day that poured the whole time, the island was sad we were leaving! We had such an amazing time. If I wasn't pregnant we definitely would have done some kayaking and maybe even rented some little mopeds to explore the island. We were able to find plenty to do without those things though, and it was a good combination of adventure, exploring, reconnecting and relaxing!
Our fox friend. Matt had three sightings, and one night where the fox followed him all the way home from the lighthouse. I didn't see him once!






No comments:
Post a Comment