Wednesday, July 8, 2015

3rd Week of June

3rd Week of June
Mostly June 19-21

This was the second week of Matt being out of town, and our third week of summer.  The first few days of the week Lucas and Emilyn took turns being sick.  Lucas was completely lethargic, with a low fever, and Emilyn threw up one night and then ended up with a sore throat and a really high fever.  I took her to the doctor for a strep test, and it was negative.  I guess there was a virus going around that seemed like strep.  She luckily felt better pretty quickly.  It was a relief to be able to get out and back to our summer adventures again.  The girls requested going to the Classic Fun Center water park as one of our activities, so we checked that one off the list.  It was perfect with my little kids.  I stayed at the little pool with two little slides for Lucas, and the girls were able to go on their own on the bigger slides since the park is small.  They were even able to take Lucas down a couple of times with a lifejacket on, while I waited at the bottom.  It was a fun water day.  We also enjoyed some time with Matt's family both Thursdays he was gone.  We had a potluck dinner and swam until late both weeks.  It was nice to have some adults to talk to while Matt was gone, and the kids always enjoy time with their cousins.  We ended the week with some more fun things, but were very happy to have Matt come home the following Monday!






 Matisyn is such a good helper with her little brother!








 The girls requested making Jello Jigglers as one of their privilege stick activities.  They were so excited to try out the animal molds I got, and they loved eating their work!



 We spent one morning at the Dinosaur Museum.  The girls always love this museum, and Lucas was beyond excited to be there.  He ran straight in and started shouting and roaring like a dinosaur.  I didn't take a stroller in and he did great for the first part.  I was thinking, wow, I really have this three kids thing down!  Then....he turned on me!  He started running away, and I had to run my big pregnant self all over the museum chasing him!  We had a great time for the most part though, and luckily he settled down, except for his grand finale tantrum at the end.  It was thoroughly entertaining to watch him light up around every corner and roar at the big dinosaur bones.  He was so happy to see everything.  There was an amazing balloon exhibit in the beginning, that especially impressed the girls.  We couldn't believe how many balloons it took to put the displays together.










 This lizard is always in the back and hard to see.  We were so excited to have a close view of him this time!





 Happy Father's Day to Matt!  We are getting used to being on our own for Father's Day, since he's been gone for work the last couple of years.  We missed him though!

 One month to go until we meet baby sister!









Ice Cream sundaes in honor of Matt for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment