Thursday, July 9, 2009

Balloons

On Thursday we went to see the balloons. It has become a tradition Matisyn really looks forward to, and even though we have to get up at 5:30 in the morning, Matt and I love to go too. I figure since I'm not sleeping much anyway. . .! We went on Thursday instead of on the fourth of July because Matt had to be here to put up flags for the scouts' fundraiser on Saturday. It worked out nice though because there were far less people. There was wind so the balloons couldn't take off, but it meant that they were there longer and we were able to walk around and look at all of them. Matisyn loved getting to see them fill up. She was not so big on the loud sound and hot fire that came from them though. Since there were less people the cousins even got to sit inside one of the balloon baskets.

1st balloon sighting

Cassidy and Aunt Wendy holding Emilyn

Getting to sit in the basket


Grandma Barb and Daddy with the girls and David and Matisyn driving the fire engine


Ellis Island tribute, the flags were amazing, and there was a pretty neat program honoring our military, but it didn't turn out to be a great place for three year olds, so we didn't stay long! I love remembering why our country is so great, and I feel so blessed to be an American. I love the spirit and pride that is felt on the fourth of July for our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment