Water seems to be the favorite thing to do this summer. Anything with water makes Matisyn happy. It is still a challenge to get out the door, but I've been trying to do things anyway. The last couple of days we went with friends to two different water features. Yesterday we went with Lisa and Porter to Noah's Ark at Thanksgiving Point. Matisyn and Porter got along so well and and the babies just played on the blanket. We both ended up getting season passes to Thanksgiving Point. I think we'll really enjoy all the different things there are to do there. Our zoo pass runs out this month, and it's nice to have a place to go and not feel bad just staying for a little bit because you know you can come back another day.







She was good until the very end when we were leaving and she was exhausted. I wouldn't let her push the stroller because sister was sleeping, and that just wasn't alright with her! I can't help but capture these special moments because I know someday I will look back and think this was funny. . . but not today!

Today we went with Kari, Jared, Gavin, and Scott to a little city water feature in Highland. Matisyn loved playing with the big boys, and they were good to her. They all loved the shooting water! Matisyn spent most of her time laying on a rock pretending to be a mermaid, her new favorite thing. Yesterday she sat on the Noah rock and told me to call her Ariel Matisyn. Ariel is her favorite princess right now. She also kept going back to where her towel was because she kept getting cold. I tried to explain that if she would quit being a mermaid on the rock and would run around and play she would warm up. Who thinks she listened?!!

Cute sisters


My Little Mermaid

Her new best friend, the bug. We've figured out that the bug can calm her down in situations where nothing else will. She loves her little bug, and is getting better at reaching out and grabbing the object of her affection. Here she was so proud to get her bug to her mouth and chew on him.


After we got home today Emilyn was showing off her strength on the boppy. Such a cutie!



Doesn't the look on Emilyn's face say, save me please?!!! Matisyn's look is pure joy though, so what can you do!
We'll have to go to T.P. together. We LOVE having a pass. So great to run over there for an hour or so. Looks like you're having a great summer!
ReplyDeleteHow does Emilyn look so big? I am sad that we didn't see you last weekend--clearly she has changed an awful lot in 2 weeks!
ReplyDelete