

Alison and I had a very loud, enjoyable weekend with the four kids. Jens and Matisyn are adorable together and they have so much fun playing, but they are so alike that they go from loving each other to destroying each other in seconds!
On Saturday we took them to Kangaroo Zoo thinking it would help to let them run around and get all their energy out. They took turns being stinkers and spent most of the time whining and hanging around the table we were sitting at with the babies. So much for time for ourselves! They did spend some time enjoying the slides and running and jumping together, which was pretty cute, but their highlight was playing in the drinking fountain!
Saturday afternoon we got out the big inflatable slides and filled up the little cabbage patch pool (twenty years old, my Grandma saved it from when I was little!), and let them run around outside. They had a blast and got along great getting to play in the water. Sand and water seem to bring out the best in them, although they can get quite messy! We basically had watermelon for dinner, which they loved, along with some quesadillas. Emilyn and Sylvie rested and watched the chaos from a blanket. I couldn't believe how content Emilyn was outside. She loved it, and had the best nap of the day right in the middle of the noise outside.
I feel bad, apparently I bought this swimsuit too small!
Sunday the kids spent more time outside since it was where we were all happiest. We took a bike ride in the morning. I'm loving how much better Matisyn is getting with riding her bikes. She likes riding her little hot wheels right now, and it seems like she was able to reach the peddles overnight. One day the bike was still too big, and then all of a sudden she is more than big enough. They also tried out Matisyn's new car. Matisyn let Jens drive, and my little dare devil jumped on the back instead of in the seat! They hit the fence a few times, but had a good time going around our backyard.
I'm grateful for a friend like Alison, and I wish she lived closer. It was nice to get some quality time together, and have our good girl talks at night. I needed that!
Last Thursday we went to the Rodeo. We sat with a bunch of friends from our neighborhood. Matisyn loved the whole thing, although we had to leave a few minutes early because she wouldn't listen to us about settling down and not standing on the seat in front of us and kicking the poor man sitting there! She is a determined little girl, that is for sure! She was so excited to go, and kept going around the house saying "Yeehaw" which Matt taught her. She cheered and clapped and yelled and jumped around in the small little spot we had on the bleachers with her friend Izzy. It was a success because she keeps telling me, "Mommy, I miss the rodeo."
Emilyn is sleeping a little more at night, which is great for me. She is content a lot of the time, but still wants to be held and bounced often. She's not as happy just being held now, she wants entertainment! Her acid tummy is still a problem for her, so she cries out and squirms uncomfortably after she eats. I still haven't figured out what her cries mean, other than the hurt one, and we're still far from having a schedule, but we're adjusting. Her favorite thing is getting to look at a face and watch our expressions. She loves when I talk to her and make sounds. She's starting to vocalize and make sounds of her own more. She is so full of smiles and so cute. We're all pretty much in love with her!
Matisyn Quotes:
I had to pull over the car to write this little song she sang on a napkin so I could remember it!
"Chunk is my favorite guy. I love him. He's a pretty guy, and he's big and strong like my Daddy. I'm strong too. I can lift trees and so can my strong Daddy. Chunkie lifts trees too and he can lift houses and my baby sister (she is getting pretty chunky, but compared to a house?!!!). All sorts of things we can lift." Her Daddy and Uncle Chunk can do no wrong, and are pretty much the strongest people she knows. Papa Curt is up there too, she thinks he's the only one that can climb the mountain and bring snow down for her!
"Daddy you are rude and foolish if you think you can eat my baby." Her baby was an orange, definitely edible in most circumstances, but I wouldn't let Daddy eat her baby, too damaging! Not sure where she learned the words rude and foolish!"
She's big into learning her letters right now. I'm so proud because she can write the first half of her name, MATI, in capital letters all by herself after just practicing with me for a little bit. I wish I had more time to work with her. She's such a sponge right now. I'm always in awe of how quickly she picks things up and how smart she is. She remembers and understands so much. She loves writing letters and "messages" to people. She's also been practicing her sounds for letters. Some of them she is really good at and knows every time, but some not so much! She's particularly fond of the T sound and the M sound. She actually knows those, but she's been going around saying this too.
"Pa, Pa, Pa, Carrot" "Ca, Ca, Ca, Potato" . . . a little backwards!
No comments:
Post a Comment