



10 things about 10 month old Emilyn:
- Emi knows what she wants, when she wants it, and how she wants it. She lets you know by her high pitched screech if you don't do it right!
- She spends most of her time divided between that screech and huge ear to ear smiles and giggles. She is a baby of extremes.
- She is sleeping better still. Most of the time she wakes up once to eat, between 3 and 6, but once in a while she sleeps all the way through. She goes to bed between 7 and 8 and sleeps until 7 or 8 or even 9, usually with the one wake-up.
- When she wakes up she is usually happy and cheerful and just talks, rolls, and plays in her crib. When I leave her in her crib and when I pick her up she makes kissing noises and smacks her tongue. I've been blowing kisses to her when I put her to bed since she was tiny, and she's just started doing it back to me!
- She loves to pull things apart now. She pulls over baskets of toys, pulls things down off the refrigerator, and takes all the books off the shelves. She pulls herself up to a stand everywhere. The other day she pulled herself up on a chair and pulled down a bowl of cheerios that scattered all over. She was so proud of herself.
- She is starting to love books. She still loves to eat them, but she will sit and listen to a book now too, especially the touch and feel books. Her very favorite is "B is for Bear", an ABC book that was one of Matisyn's favorites too. She just giggles and smiles the whole time.
- She is not big on snuggling and cuddling anymore, which I really miss. She is too busy and interested in the world around her. I am somehow still nursing, but she often has a hard time settling down and getting to business because she wants to see what she might be missing.
- She is great at going to bed, she hardly ever cries when we put her down. Sometimes I'm sad that she won't settle down and let me rock her, but it's nice to just be able to put her in bed. We don't have to do a big bedtime routine yet, she just grabs her blanket and sucks her fingers. . . or plays with whatever she can find if she isn't tired yet.
- She crawls all over the place and loves getting to follow us around. It was hard to get pictures of her today because she won't sit still for a moment. Everything goes straight into her mouth for her to explore it properly!
- She is so social, just like her sister. She is happiest around people with a lot going on around her. People always comment on how easy it is to get her to smile. She is mostly a mama's girl, she lights up when I come in the room, but she will play and be happy with everyone.

This was so funny. I like to bathe Ems in the sink because it's easier when she's higher up. (It's getting difficult now because she wants to stand and nose dive out!) On this day Matisyn was set on getting in with Emilyn. I told her I didn't think she would fit, but she proved me wrong. Emilyn thought it was great too!



More time with the umbrella. Can you tell she dressed herself?!!!

Loved the noodle on her face. She's pretty all over the place with food, she enjoys the eating experience!


That is a beautiful picture of me by Miss Matisyn.
I want to squeeze Emilyn. Nice Equal-i-zer stationary by the way. :)
ReplyDelete